manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Interesting he said the base model will be around $100,000 pounds and the RS will be around $130,000 pounds in the UK. The Taycan 4S starts at $83,000 pounds, Turbo starts at $116,000 pounds and the Turbo S $139,000 pounds. So that implies it will cost roughly the same as the Taycan. Not really a discount.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Interesting he said the base model will be around $100,000 pounds and the RS will be around $130,000 pounds in the UK. The Taycan 4S starts at $83,000 pounds, Turbo starts at $116,000 pounds and the Turbo S $139,000 pounds. So that implies it will cost roughly the same as the Taycan. Not really a discount.
You're right but don't forget to factor into the equation the options pricelist difference... $$$$Porshce vs $$Audi

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're right but don't forget to factor into the equation the options pricelist difference... $$$$Porshce vs $$Audi
Agreed. You will definitely get more for your money with the Audi, but I was expecting a bigger price difference.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I expect the difference to be around $30k in the US, given putting decent options on the Porsche, vs the Audi. What you get standard in an Audi is generally a lot better in the US. Look at Macan GTS vs. SQ5 for example.

There will just be more options available for Porsche.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Which is why I went with the Taycan. Same price and you get the car a year earlier. Audi options cost more on high performance cars anyway, so I don't know how much will be saved on the e-tron gt.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I expect the difference to be around $30k in the US, given putting decent options on the Porsche, vs the Audi. What you get standard in an Audi is generally a lot better in the US. Look at Macan GTS vs. SQ5 for example.

There will just be more options available for Porsche.
The Macan S is closer to the SQ5. But regardless I agree that there will be a decent price difference based on the options.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some of the original E-tron GT articles mentioned a starting price of $75,000. Maybe that's the case for a future RWD base model with the small battery pack. But some people (including myself) took this as the 590hp version would start maybe around $100k. Now it seems like the GT RS (590hp version) will probably start closer to $140k.

The E-tron GT will be great and still a good deal. Just much closer in price to the Taycan then expected.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I think I’d be embarrassed with that rear light animation… looked cool in 1980s when I was watching Knight Rider - now , not so much.

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Nothing seems ground breaking about it... Audi should try to innovate, not imitate! Just seems like it’s trying to be a Taycan in Audi clothing. They do say that imitation the highest form of flattery.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nothing seems ground breaking about it... Audi should try to innovate, not imitate! Just seems like it’s trying to be a Taycan in Audi clothing. They do say that imitation the highest form of flattery.
So you're saying Porsche shouldn't have released their best seller Macan?

ethen

First Name
Ethen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I do wish Porsche had the cool "light show" tail lights like Audi.