JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
So this looks like an Audi, but the body colored grill insert to me makes it especially ill-suited for a white car. Unlike the Taycan, which looks especially good in white.

Also, really surprised by the approach to the door handles...
Looks better in silver
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review 1612919760185

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Looks better in silver
1612919760185.jpeg
Totally agree. Very nice. Still surprised by the door handles. They must have decided the incremental aerodynamic drag was sufficiently minimal that they didn't want to have the complexity of motorized handles. This car has a couple of compromises from an aero standpoint that the Taycan does not (front face and door handles), so I would expect slightly lower range unless some kind of detuning makes up for it. It's a little more garish (which I like), so it will have its adherents. Plus it's very Audi on the inside. People who want a few more physical buttons than we have on the Taycan will like it. I certainly would appreciate the dedicated media skip/back buttons.

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
Honestly, I'm really happy with Audi have done with the e-Tron. My favorite part is how they seemed to listen to feedback with the Taycan's infotainment and actually included buttons instead of a bunch of screens in the interior! I really dig this level of a mix of futurism vs traditional car design.

I much prefer that approach to the futuristic, minimal vibe that Tesla (and unfortunately Porsche & Merecedes w/ the W223 S-Class) have gone with. I like having physical feedback instead of having to grope at a flat surface, and I'm sure a lot of people who enjoy driving feel the same.

For that reason, I would take the e-Tron over a Taycan any day.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I agree with some commentary that this car is virtually exactly as they presented the prototype. Which already then was an Audified Taycan...... Sadly it has not changed a single bit on the exterior. There is quite a lot of re-work on the interior though........ mostly for the better. :)
I agree, interior could be better, software should be better, exterior I find ugly. It is as if the boss said, lets take Taycan and make a new design around it, and nobody really wanted to do the work.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Totally agree. Very nice. Still surprised by the door handles. They must have decided the incremental aerodynamic drag was sufficiently minimal that they didn't want to have the complexity of motorized handles. This car has a couple of compromises from an aero standpoint that the Taycan does not (front face and door handles), so I would expect slightly lower range unless some kind of detuning makes up for it. It's a little more garish (which I like), so it will have its adherents. Plus it's very Audi on the inside. People who want a few more physical buttons than we have on the Taycan will like it. I certainly would appreciate the dedicated media skip/back buttons.
I read the drag is 0.24

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Will those aero wheels fit the Taycan? They look way more interesting than Porsche's aero wheels.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Trying to post all the wheel options but something goes wrong after I include six photos. Will continue in another post.
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.50.51
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.50.58
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.51.05
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.51.10
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.51.21

Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.51.15

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For better or worse, it's definitely the Audi Taycan.

I know many people, including my brother, that love love love Audi. Personally I like the exterior styling but the interiors are too cluttered for me. Carries through here.

The big difference is in handling. I've driven almost every one of the modern RS cars and IMHO Audi is probably the worst of the "big 5" in sporty luxury cars (ie.. BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Jaguar/Porsche). Handling is always meh and the quattro is overly intrusive. Even the R8 has probably the least inspiring handling of the "supercars".

It will be interesting to see if they improved that in the eTron GT but I doubt it. I'd imagine it will be a nice comfortable car, really good GT experience, but lack any sort of bite when pushed in sportier driving. Capable but boring.

So do you want a buttoned up luxury GT or a sportier, minimalistic GT? I think they complement each other well.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The big difference is in handling. I've driven almost every one of the modern RS cars and IMHO Audi is probably the worst of the "big 5" in sporty luxury cars (ie.. BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Jaguar/Porsche).
I agree and I also find their steering feel disconnected.
But the biggest problem all the S and RS cars is too much engine weight on the nose which is not an issue with the e-tron.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Some nice colours on this car (continues in the next post)

Kemora grey
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.52.46
Suzuka grey
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.52.52
Tango red
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.52.58

Mythos black
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.53.04

Daytona grey
Porsche Taycan 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT Prototype Review Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 08.53.09