2021 Chalk 4S w/ Ceramic Brakes Finally arrived!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Awesome and congrats! I was torn between chalk and white when ordering mine and ending up with white/red. So cool to see someone else that ordered body color mirrors. I hate the cheap looking black mirror base.

P.S. How do you like your Flying Spur? I have a 2014 Mulliner W12 and it less than stellar. The new design looks great and hopefully they put some effort into the quality.
Sponsored

OP
OP
freshtaycan

freshtaycan

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Awesome and congrats! I was torn between chalk and white when ordering mine and ending up with white/red. So cool to see someone else that ordered body color mirrors. I hate the cheap looking black mirror base.

P.S. How do you like your Flying Spur? I have a 2014 Mulliner W12 and it less than stellar. The new design looks great and hopefully they put some effort into the quality.
My last car was suzuka grey, so I really didn't want to do white, because most of the time it looked white, unless it was gloomy outside you can truly notice the hint of grey in it. But inventory got so low, that I was thinking, well here I go again getting another white car HA! But I stayed patient, and sure enough the chalk combo w/ the features I needed became available.

Oh man, the new Bentley is stunning. We went white with it, because of the black trimmings, and how they stand out. Never had a Bentley before, but it drives like a dream. Huge grill, beautiful curves, classy and also has a very mean presence about it. The new interior is stunning, they put a lot of effort into the diamond stitching, the quality of the materials, one of the most luxurious interiors that i've been in. I've driven the older Bentley's due to my line of work, and they've always been a car I love to see, and told myself one day. I will say, the option that ours didn't come with is the new illuminating flying b, which honestly adds a different type of character on the car, so maybe in the future, i'll replace this one with one that has that option. Congrats on your W12, what an engine, they are a dying breed. I went with the V8 for this car, the fully spec'd out W12 on this model would have reached close to a 300k MSRP, which was out of my price range. So I waited for the V8. How long have you had yours for? is that the weekend car, and the taycan the daily?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Oh man, the new Bentley is stunning. We went white with it, because of the black trimmings, and how they stand out. Never had a Bentley before, but it drives like a dream. Huge grill, beautiful curves, classy and also has a very mean presence about it. The new interior is stunning, they put a lot of effort into the diamond stitching, the quality of the materials, one of the most luxurious interiors that i've been in. I've driven the older Bentley's due to my line of work, and they've always been a car I love to see, and told myself one day. I will say, the option that ours didn't come with is the new illuminating flying b, which honestly adds a different type of character on the car, so maybe in the future, i'll replace this one with one that has that option. Congrats on your W12, what an engine, they are a dying breed. I went with the V8 for this car, the fully spec'd out W12 on this model would have reached close to a 300k MSRP, which was out of my price range. So I waited for the V8. How long have you had yours for? is that the weekend car, and the taycan the daily?
Since mine is a Mulliner it has diamond stitching throughout and special leather headliner. I find the interior not as high quality as modern Porsches. The materials in the '21 Cayenne and Taycan are superb compared the Spur. B-pillar panel popped off, fake aluminum trim wearing oddly, front end is clunky, electrical issues, chrome exterior door handle strips all loose, sound system is pure garbage. Only 47K miles. :confused: Acquired it in 2018.

Good to hear you're enjoying yours.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Looks stunning. Very similar to mine, albeit much cooler brakes ( PCCB envy !)

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Love that color. Well done!

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
But you have the bigger calipers, correct? I ordered mine and found out that the MY2021 has smaller calipers on both 4S and Turbo. Actually the online configurator still showed the bigger calipers a few weeks ago, don't know if it still does. I confronted my dealer that it would not look the way I anticipated with the Techart 22"'s. So we agreed I needed the ceramic brakes, but at a big discount ;) .

@freshtaycan; gorgeous car, I will receive mine next week also in chalk. Can't wait.

OP
OP
freshtaycan

freshtaycan

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
But you have the bigger calipers, correct? I ordered mine and found out that the MY2021 has smaller calipers on both 4S and Turbo. Actually the online configurator still showed the bigger calipers a few weeks ago, don't know if it still does. I confronted my dealer that it would not look the way I anticipated with the Techart 22"'s. So we agreed I needed the ceramic brakes, but at a big discount ;) .

@freshtaycan; gorgeous car, I will receive mine next week also in chalk. Can't wait.
Thanks brotha, I'm glad you squeezed some $ out of those brakes! They truly make the wheels stand out. You'll love and enjoy it. Post up shots when you get it!

OP
OP
freshtaycan

freshtaycan

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you brotha. @ the end of the day, you have a taycan ;) thats all that matters

OP
OP
freshtaycan

freshtaycan

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, looks great in that color and with that wheel and brake combo. Congrats
Thank you man! I appreciate the love. The wheel / brake combo for sure makes this car look that much better.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag

No, unfortunately not. I ordered the big calipers but they changed to the smaller ones mid build. Really wanted the 21” missions so had to stick. Saw your post some where re the ceramics. Awesome result. Ceramics are the business.

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
Hey fellas, finally went EV! I'm coming from a 2017 Audi R8 V10+ so this was definitely a huge change. But I am super excited to make the change. Absolutely in love with this color combo, the ceramic brakes really fill in the wheels. I wasn't too sure if the brakes would be overkill on a car like this. But they do go very well with this type of wheel. First impressions of the car, have been nothing short of great. The car is very comfortable, has plenty of space, the speed and responsiveness of the car have been shocking. I have driven Teslas in the past, but was never impressed. This is completely different. The car feels like a Porsche, and stays true with the 4 wheel drive. Because my R8 was a quattro, this feels very similar in the sense of how it grips the road. The car has a soul, it doesn't feel basic, or like a car that wasn't meant to be driven hard. The chalk color really stands out, and the options I got have all been useful. 1 option I wish the car did have, the full leather interior, the standard interior is too basic, I feel that a car that has the MSRP of 144k should have full leather standard, but Porsche doesn't work that way. Well, here are some shots of the car, hope you guys enjoy them, and hope to come in and share experiences with y'all.

Window Tint coming up and Full PPF. Any mods that you guys can recommend?

april2k1edit216.jpg

april2k1edit209.jpg

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7918.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg
that looks really good with the yellow calipers. Well done. what interior did you select?