2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone has considered the GS-6S when shopping for a Taycan. It's a "hybrid" with the full EV version coming out shortly. I can't speak for quality, but it's a pretty attractive car and Karma offers a good amount of customization.

ie:

https://www.manhattanmotorcars.com/...ort-rear-wheel-drive-sedan-50g6e4ssxma000057/
Not sure what I'm missing - seems the 2021 Karma looks just like the 2012 Karma that proved a total disaster a decade ago. Not sure how many customers looking to be fooled twice they'll be able to gather.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not sure what I'm missing - seems the 2021 Karma looks just like the 2012 Karma that proved a total disaster a decade ago. Not sure how many customers looking to be fooled twice they'll be able to gather.
They updated it, supposedly - and the new EV one is supposed to be a much bigger update. But aside from that, I don't disagree. The 2012 Karma was pretty revolutionary at the time - and I thought the design language on it was always good.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I am ashamed to stay that I didn’t know it existed.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I saw this at the MMC garage. That's when I learnt Sandy left a lot of fiskers drowned ! I had not heard the name before :)

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I did consider it but went with Taycan CT. I remember not able to sit in rear seats for more than couple of mins on the earlier version and dont see that being any different on the newer version.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I did consider it but went with Taycan CT. I remember not able to sit in rear seats for more than couple of mins on the earlier version and dont see that being any different on the newer version.
I remember sitting in the earlier model and being unimpressed with the level of fit and finish and, particularly, the height and width of the center console which extended all the way to the back due to the batteries. It was borderline claustrophobic on the inside.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The thing about the Karma for me, even from a design perspective, is that the car was less impressive in person than on paper/pictures. The reason I bought the Taycan was that it was the opposite for me. Call them intangibles, details -whatever. But that did the Karma in for me back then. Maybe it's better now...

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Never would. Because besides the updates, you're still left with this body and interior. And it's a disaster.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Karma GS-6S Sport Doug Karma

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a37708496/2021-karma-gs-6-first-drive/

"
I Don't Know Who the 2021 Karma GS-6 Is For
Yes, you can still buy an updated version of the old Fisker Karma. I just don't know why anyone would.

Road and Track said:
I still wonder why anyone would, or should, buy this. Arguably, the car's best asset is its looks, which are still fresh after a decade. It's a striking car that gets attention in a way that really no other four-door can match. If the appearance and the fact that you're unlikely to see another one on the road do it for you, great. But you'll have to put up with a car that isn't particularly well made, is often frustrating to live with, and comes from a company whose future is uncertain at best.

For the same money you could buy a Tesla Model S Long Range, a car that has its own problems but also a longer range than the Karma, great residuals, and can be serviced at many locations around the country. Or an entry-level Porsche Taycan, which won't go nearly as far on a charge, but also looks gorgeous, drives better than pretty much every other sedan on the market, and is exceptionally well built. And if you want to stick with a hybrid over a fully electric car, might I suggest the Porsche Panamera 4 e-Hybrid? It costs a bit more but will likely depreciate far less.

There are more options I could list, and there are a lot more cars coming down the pipeline. It’s not for lack of trying, but I struggle to see the argument in favor of this car. That was true of the Fisker Karma a decade ago, and small updates to the original can't change that.

Last edited:

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone has considered the GS-6S when shopping for a Taycan. It's a "hybrid" with the full EV version coming out shortly. I can't speak for quality, but it's a pretty attractive car and Karma offers a good amount of customization.

ie:

https://www.manhattanmotorcars.com/...ort-rear-wheel-drive-sedan-50g6e4ssxma000057/
I researched and looked at it. The styling and interior space will be a hit or miss depending on each person's taste. The dealbreakers for me were:

-Hybrids will be on their way out. Too many good electrics either now or coming soon at or below the price of a Karma to justify. Which leads to the second issue...
- This car will be a nightmare on resale value. They've already killed the value of the Revero by launching a version that is virtually the same at a much lower price. Mix this with the fact that it's virtually unknown, has no real driving history or status at this point.
- No way to know how long the company will endure this time either.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm still super hesitant to entertain anything given the history of Fisker and watching those failures first hand locally. The Fisker in 2012/2013 looked impressive from the outside, but when you had a chance to really dig in, it felt like a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Then 2017 happened for Fisker.

They'll need a good long run of positive success and stability to rebuild the brand (even if it is entirely different now) in my mind at least.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
If I was ever searching for a hybrid car it would have been a BMW i8 for sure.
Besides, being me and having karma on my driveway I would've lost a lot of sleep!!

Reactions: vdr

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Speak for yourself. I drove a 2012 Karma as my daily driver for eight years. It was a great car, and still turned heads until the day I sold it to buy the Taycan. It wasn't perfect, and it launched with some teething problems, but it was generally a joy to own and drive and never once let me down.

Reactions: Dee

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
longevity, service and ability to repair would deter me from purchasing any of these start-ups unless/until they are acquired/merge with a larger Mfg.....for example Rimac. However, the deterrent with Rimac is the price point.
Sponsored