iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I entered my Porsche code and noticed my market has updated its configurator for Hong Kong...

https://www.porsche.com/pap/_hong-kong_/modelstart/all/?modelrange=taycan

First thing I noticed is that the 150kWh DC upgrade is no longer available. The list of standard equipment is not available, but I bet it is now standard.

New exterior colors are now available... Neptune Blue, Cherry Metallic, Frozenberry Metallic, Coffee Beige Metallic, Mohagony Metallic, Ice Grey Metallic, Crayon (special color) [click link for images].

There are also other new interior colors too...

My order will freeze next week and scheduled to be built sometime in August. My sales insisted that my car will be a MY2020...

I am most interested in the 22kWh AC charging...has anyone heard anything about it yet now that the 2021 specs has been released in some markets?

Here are some of the images:

Porsche Taycan 2021 Model Year Taycan configurator comes online for some markets, showing 7 new colors 1591293215553

Enter Porsche Code and prompted for consent to move to new MY.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Model Year Taycan configurator comes online for some markets, showing 7 new colors 1591293262568

150kWh removed from equipment list.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Model Year Taycan configurator comes online for some markets, showing 7 new colors 1591293135815

Frozenberry

Porsche Taycan 2021 Model Year Taycan configurator comes online for some markets, showing 7 new colors 1591293148099

New interior colors.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Model Year Taycan configurator comes online for some markets, showing 7 new colors 1591293174313

No more 150kWh DC

Last edited by a moderator:

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
The Dutch configurator isn't updated yet. Cool they added new interior colors do they look great? Which area are you living in? Maybe I can take a look on the configurator in your country to see the new (interior) colors. Or I'll just wait for the configurator to arrive in the Netherlands :)

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Looks like the digital radio is disappeared too, think that got standard too (May also for a car of this amount)

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Nothing new that excites me. Would have still gone for Jet Black Metallic all day :)

im hearing prices go up too!

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
In model year 2021 the 22KW charger will be avaialable. This is confirmed by my dealer, I have this even on my contract. I had a may build but deciceded to cancel this one and get a new build in oktober with the 22KW charger. I hope that a this time also the head-up display is available but this is not confirmed yet.

OP
OP

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
In model year 2021 the 22KW charger will be avaialable. This is confirmed by my dealer, I have this even on my contract. I had a may build but deciceded to cancel this one and get a new build in oktober with the 22KW charger. I hope that a this time also the head-up display is available but this is not confirmed yet.
Do you think it will be from the beginning?? If I give up my Aug production slot, I will have to wait for a Jan production car...The dealer here doesn't take orders for cars made after August to avoid delivering a car made in the previous year in a new year....just the way it works here...

When does Porsche normally begin producing cars for the next model year? Is the MY21 Taycan delayed due to COVID/ being a new model?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am most interested in the 22kWh AC charging...has anyone heard anything about it yet now that the 2021 specs has been released in some markets?
The Porsche guy installing my free wall box said the car will come with 22kW AC charging. But in the config print out it says 11kW only. So we prepare for the 22kW and then wait and see what is arriving in September.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Same here, have a May config for delivery in Oct or Nov and 22kW is in my contract.

OP
OP

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Same here, have a May config for delivery in Oct or Nov and 22kW is in my contract.
Did they specify your model year in the contract? I see that you are in Germany, does it mean your car will be built later than mine(Aug)?

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Did they specify your model year in the contract? I see that you are in Germany, does it mean your car will be built later than mine(Aug)?
No, the contract lists nothing more than the car's code Y1ADB1 w/o the MY. Build should be close to pickup a the manufacturing site, thus I guess mine is built later than yours.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I guess you had that specifically put in there with the 22 kW, right?
But if MY21 does not come in time for your scheduled delivery would you tolerate a delay in production and delivery?
Do you know if the 22 kW charger will be standard equipment or only optional (with an additional price tag)?
I have to ask my dealer (PZ Heilbronn) about the 22 kW now. :)
Production is supposed to happen in Sept, and pick-up at Zuffenhausen in Oct.
Sponsored