dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Although not an option for me in the US, I don't see any real benefit of 22kW over 11kW. Sure, it will charge faster, but do you need it to? It's only beneficial at home, and plugging the car in overnight what does it matter if that process takes 4 or 8 hours?
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Although not an option for me in the US, I don't see any real benefit of 22kW over 11kW. Sure, it will charge faster, but do you need it to? It's only beneficial at home, and plugging the car in overnight what does it matter if that process takes 4 or 8 hours?
Exactly. You will never use 22kw at a public charger. Home or office use only imho. Home, unless you only sleep for 4 hours, office would be quite good but you need a lot of Power to get 22kw. In the UK I need 3 phase 2x 64 amps breakers to get 11KW.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Hopefully the S and the base model will be announced soon!

DaggieBe

Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
In model year 2021 the 22KW charger will be avaialable. This is confirmed by my dealer, I have this even on my contract. I had a may build but deciceded to cancel this one and get a new build in oktober with the 22KW charger. I hope that a this time also the head-up display is available but this is not confirmed yet.

What dealer are you ordering from? I also have an October slot coming up in Belgium :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I thought the same, but there might be a lot of innercity charging spots which deliver 22kW and this is perfect for a couple of hours shopping/coffee and your car is kind of charged. Could be very useful!

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Hopefully the S and the base model will be announced soon!
I'm curious to know what Porsche will do to make those versions lesser than a 4S with standard battery. IMO they have a great lineup today and would be better off not to make else for a couple years.

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I see that the head-up display is now and options on 2021 models. Can bee seen in the HK configurator. I also note that the dash seems to be different with it installed, so unfortunately does not look like a retrofit will be available.

Reactions: TIM

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
On the 22 KW charger. In Europe in most parking garages have 22 KW chargers. If you go for a city trip (200KM one way) it is intresesting to charge your car in the parking. Af few hours shopping, dinner or whatever and the car is charged for the return trip. Yes there are faster charging options on the high way etc but then you just wait for charging. The 22KW order is confirmed in my contract as Taycan model year 2021.

Stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid, Dodge RAM
Country flag
The 22kw charger and HUD will come after the holidays in Baden-Württemberg (second september week). I ordered my car with the option 22kw plus HUD. Pick-up at Zuffenhausen end of September.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
The 22kw charger and HUD will come after the holidays in Baden-Württemberg (second september week). I ordered my car with the option 22kw plus HUD. Pick-up at Zuffenhausen end of September.
How do you know for sure?
I have a similar timeframe, production in September, pickup at Zuffenhausen in October. At least tentatively.

Stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid, Dodge RAM
Country flag
How do you know for sure?
I have a similar timeframe, production in September, pickup at Zuffenhausen in October. At least tentatively.
A Porsche Manager is my neighbour and he can look at the production plan...you have to book the options 22kw and HUD, than you get the Model 2021. The only problem is, that they have some problems with parts from Italy. But they hope to solve that until the next weeks. This information is 3 weeks „old“.

ndw8790

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Country flag
you have to book the options 22kw and HUD, than you get the Model 2021.
The 22kw charger isn't on the option list, neither on the documents that were posted here earlier. That option actually interests me a lot since I will be home charging all the time.

Mine will be produced on 23/09.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 22kw charger isn't on the option list, neither on the documents that were posted here earlier. That option actually interests me a lot since I will be home charging all the time.

Mine will be produced on 23/09.
With a production date in late September you definitely should get MY21. But as you said, no written indication of any kind that the 22 kW charger is really included as standard equipment. If it were optional it should have appeared on the lists posted here before.
Maybe they have some trouble with the supplier of this 22 kW on-board charger and are still in limbo whether to include it in MY21 or not?!

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did I overlook something or is the panoramic roof no longer available in the option list?
I just checked, and you are right. But maybe the pano roof was never an option for HK market in the first place? Maybe for some homologation reasons or so...?! Maybe someone from HK can confirm the availability of the pano roof for the Taycan?
Sponsored