feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
A Porsche Manager is my neighbour and he can look at the production plan...you have to book the options 22kw and HUD, than you get the Model 2021. The only problem is, that they have some problems with parts from Italy. But they hope to solve that until the next weeks. This information is 3 weeks „old“.
After a long delay my 4S+ was produced a couple of weeks back, but the local Porsche home charger installation guy insists, that the car has a 22kW charger on board and that I need a new connection from my local grid power company so it can handle the extra 22kW power supply. If they were kidding me and the car can only charge 11kW, then I chop their head off, because we could have just used the current 30kW box we have for our telsa 11kW wall box.
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
After a long delay my 4S+ was produced a couple of weeks back, but the local Porsche home charger installation guy insists, that the car has a 22kW charger on board and that I need a new connection from my local grid power company so it can handle the extra 22kW power supply. If they were kidding me and the car can only charge 11kW, then I chop their head off, because we could have just used the current 30kW box we have for our telsa 11kW wall box.
I very much doubt that with production before the summer holiday break yours would have the 22kW on-board charger.
Ask this installation guy where he got his (written) info from?
Or you can make a bet, if the car does not get the 22 kW as he promised you will get the installation for free!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I very much doubt that with production before the summer holiday break yours would have the 22kW on-board charger.
Ask this installation guy where he got his (written) info from?
Or you can make a bet, if the car does not get the 22 kW as he promised you will get the installation for free!
Yes. We get the new connection installed anyway and make it future proof.

The reason I am even mentioning it: The Porsche guy came in January to check where to install the box. Nothing about the 22kW. Then all the delays happened and then last month he come back again to check and he tells me the box is not sufficient because the car can charge with 22kW.

The wall box and installation is free anyway. Gift for early (over eager) customers. I am curious to see the charging speed when I get the car.

Last edited:

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Just wrong on so many levels...

D4358CF4-6137-4779-932F-B3C5483E3B85.jpeg
I love it and in fact have ordered my Turbo in it with lots of contrasting black bits including Gloss Black Mission E Wheels and Calipers. With the black pano roof and privacy glass it should look the biz. Wasn’t sure st first but the paint sample is so much nicer. The configurator doesn’t represent it properly at all!!