cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Since your build is locked, are you implying that you won't be able to add any of the 2021 options? :(
Sorry for this misleading description. I was able to add some MY21 options into my build through the dealer‘s configurator before my build was locked.
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
All - I have a locked 2020 4S that’s supposed to go to build per the factory report on 8/28 arriving in Greenwich CT 3rd week of Oct. Are folks saying on here that they’re being promised 2021’s this year? If so wondering what the real difference will be? Should I push for a 2021?

Also reassuring to see others struggle to stay close to the $103K base on a 4S. I also got to about $140K when I was done. But here’s hoping that I fall in love like everyone else has...
If production is starting for you on 8/28 then I’m pretty sure you will get a MY21 as I heard from several sources that in general production of MY21 Taycans will begin after the summer holiday shutdown in the plant at Zuffenhausen.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
If production is starting for you on 8/28 then I’m pretty sure you will get a MY21 as I heard from several sources that in general production of MY21 Taycans will begin after the summer holiday shutdown in the plant at Zuffenhausen.
I was told in the US that the last 2020 comes off the line in late September and all future builds after that are 2021. There is some mandate that a 2021 in the US can’t be sold until 1/1/2021. My arrival is scheduled for late January 2021.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I was told in the US that the last 2020 comes off the line in late September and all future builds after that are 2021. There is some mandate that a 2021 in the US can’t be sold until 1/1/2021. My arrival is scheduled for late January 2021.
Heard the same thing from my dealer.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I’ve owned the Taycan now for just over 1 month - I’m confirming my love the power charger port doors…

again the feature here is not that they open - it’s the auto close that is the magic - simply unplug and walk away to hang up the charging cable…the feature should re-named:

Charge Port Auto Close Doors…

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
There is some mandate that a 2021 in the US can’t be sold until 1/1/2021.
This can't possibly be true? I've bought plenty of cars the year before their model year, including from Porsche. Manufacturers love to get the new model year out early in the previous calendar year so dealers aren't stuck with 2020's in 2021.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
This can't possibly be true? I've bought plenty of cars the year before their model year, including from Porsche. Manufacturers love to get the new model year out early in the previous calendar year so dealers aren't stuck with 2020's in 2021.
It came from the dealer and has to do with certifying the new vehicle with EPA (diesel gate) and well as at Porsche, US cars aren't made first in the change over year. Most US cars are being specced for US Builds in November and December. I have a December build, did anyone get an October US build as such you would probably be locked by now.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think I caught the Norwegian configurator mid-update.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan allocations now available in the US Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 22.25.47

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
It came from the dealer and has to do with certifying the new vehicle with EPA (diesel gate) and well as at Porsche, US cars aren't made first in the change over year. Most US cars are being specced for US Builds in November and December. I have a December build, did anyone get an October US build as such you would probably be locked by now.
The US rule is that the model year is the model that is on sale on Jan 1st, so the "mandate" is no more 2020s after Jan 1, 2021. That's why you see 2021 models coming out from manufacturers at various points during 2020. You can release your "2022" model on Jan. 2, 2021!

My guess is that the model year switch is in October but they are going to start the model year run with EU cars, so US cars won't get built until Nov/Dec & they're telling buyers to expect early January to cover for COVID uncertainty.

OP
OP
paxton

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone been able to confirm the bigger rear PSCBs on the 2021s?

OP
OP
paxton

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How much will the glass roof delete reduce the price?
Following up on this. After sitting with my dealer yesterday I was able to delete the glass roof. You have to remove the premium package and do everything else a la carte, cost goes up almost 2K.

I ended up removing the storage package, ionizer and ventilated seats to even things out price wise.

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone got a 2021 Taycan Turbo allocation? My dealer says 4S allocations and Turbo S allocations are available, but no Turbo allocations yet.

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
Has anyone got a 2021 Taycan Turbo allocation? My dealer says 4S allocations and Turbo S allocations are available, but no Turbo allocations yet.
I have a 2021 Turbo allocation (Jan vs Feb delivery with an Oct vs Nov lock date). Have you tried other nearby dealerships around you?

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a 2021 Turbo allocation (Jan vs Feb delivery with an Oct vs Nov lock date). Have you tried other nearby dealerships around you?
Thanks Martin - I can't switch dealers because I sold my 911 via an in-and-out through my dealer and want to get the sales tax credit for that. Plus I like my dealer, would like to give them my business and they are the only dealer in Austin. That said - it is helpful for me to know what allocations are out there. Out of curiosity - when did your dealer get you the allocation?

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
Thanks Martin - I can't switch dealers because I sold my 911 via an in-and-out through my dealer and want to get the sales tax credit for that. Plus I like my dealer, would like to give them my business and they are the only dealer in Austin. That said - it is helpful for me to know what allocations are out there. Out of curiosity - when did your dealer get you the allocation?
I began looking about 2 weeks ago so pretty recently. I’m in the SoCal Area and emailed Porsche San Diego, Carlsbad, and Riverside and all three stated they had allocation slots for a Turbo (late Jan vs late Feb delivery). The dealer I ended up going with has the 2021 configurator too and so I’m able to put in the MY21 options.
Sponsored