Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
.3 difference is a lot when you are talking low 10's on street tires to get to the 9's.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
.3 difference is a lot when you are talking low 10's on street tires to get to the 9's.
Yes it is - I'm thinking the 2020 Turbo S time of 10.3 will be tough for the 21's to beat - maybe .1 sec.

However, interesting 'wording' in the press release. Note they did not say 'acceleration has been improved', they say '...acceleration values...'. Makes me think they have been doing more testing and 'optimizing' the values.

On the performance front, one of the articles seemed to think that Porsche has re-tested the Turbo S and this is simply a revision of the numbers. When you look at the press release it does state that the “acceleration values” have been improved.

“The acceleration values of the Taycan Turbo S (Taycan Turbo S: Electricity consumption combined 28.5 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions combined 0 g/km (as of 08/2020)) have also been improved”

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I am still torn about whether to add the HUD to my build. I ”finalized” my build for a 2021 on Wednesday and didn’t select it. I think the freeze date is in September for an October build. I REALLY wanted a HUD but don’t like what it does to the dash. I think it hides the beautiful instrument cluster a little too much. However, it is a cool feature. Anyone else facing this dilemma and what did you decide?

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am still torn about whether to add the HUD to my build. I ”finalized” my build for a 2021 on Wednesday and didn’t select it. I think the freeze date is in September for an October build. I REALLY wanted a HUD but don’t like what it does to the dash. I think it hides the beautiful instrument cluster a little too much. However, it is a cool feature. Anyone else facing this dilemma and what did you decide?
Totally agree with the aesthetics arguments against the HUD, but for me the value of the HUD Vs refocusing my eyes on the dash whilst driving means I opted for the HUD.

Reactions: TIM

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
The Tesla's have had smart lift etc for a while now and it was kicked in via a firmware update over the air. If they can do it I think Porsche will be able to as well! Lets see.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I have a hud on my new continental, I never actually look at it as I forget it’s there.

It’s cool but It is actually unnecessary as you will end up looking at the dash and no one else will ever see it but the person in the driver seat

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Yep - decided against (for the same reasons re: Dash impact) and finalised my config last Thursday - also for an mid-late Sept build start.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Tesla's have had smart lift etc for a while now and it was kicked in via a firmware update over the air. If they can do it I think Porsche will be able to as well! Lets see.
I don't think MY20 will get any of the new mainstream features such as GPS lift, active park assist or performance improvements.

We might get PCM fixes and improvements such as podcasts as a standalone music source. Might...

I just think MY20 were beta cars shipped to make a deadline. The reshuffle of tech groupings and renaming in MY21 means they have rearranged their buckets of functionality including some potential bus and controller changes to accommodate these new features. I refer to the renaming and component dependencies introduced in active park assist as an example of the reshuffle.

Technically it's probably possible to use the MY20 technology combination to deliver similar capabilities but that's not how Porsche works. They don't give you new things for free. You have to buy it off of the options list.

What is remarkable is that certain of these can be enabled using FOD in MY21. That's a big step for Porsche and an answer to Tesla selling full auto pilot on demand. But we don't know if the new FOD items will come to MY20. And none of the other new things like active park or GPS lift are listed as FOD items. They are pre production option items.

So, my hope for any significant new features through updates for MY20 is pretty low. I sure hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

Last edited:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I disagree with you on the above as things like plug and charge without the need to swipe a card or scan an app and things such as GPS suspension smart lift are simple firmware updates with no hardware required.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I disagree with you on the above as things like plug and charge without the need to swipe a card or scan an app and things such as GPS suspension smart lift are simple firmware updates with no hardware required.
I sure hope you are right.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Let’s hope so.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Furthermore, at a launch event in London the techy did say that the car will get OTA updates to enhance the use just like a smartphone does each year....lets see :)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's confirmed. Same acceleration as the 2020, but the 'numbers have been improved'

Before the tech, let's talk acceleration. Porsche has revised its quarter mile and 0-124 mph acceleration figures. It now sprints through the quarter mile in 10.7 seconds (one tenth quicker) and does 0-124 mph in 9.6 seconds (two tenths quicker). The 2021 car is no quicker than before, but further testing and more data collection has shown Porsche that the car can achieve these numbers.
Sponsored