PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very nice. Chalk is a fantastic color on the Panamera so I'm not surprised it looks great on the Taycan.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Hoping for ice grey and Neptune blue pictures soon also

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Wow, thanks for posting. Been waiting for som epics as I’ve ordered chalk/ crayon, and really happy seeing it.
Only disappointment is the front brake callipers. Look tiny now on the front and a bit gutted I’m having to pay £2k extra for for marginally bigger callipers in white when I’d of preferred red!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Wow, thanks for posting. Been waiting for som epics as I’ve ordered chalk/ crayon, and really happy seeing it.
Only disappointment is the front brake callipers. Look tiny now on the front and a bit gutted I’m having to pay £2k extra for for marginally bigger callipers in white when I’d of preferred red!
Yes, but the front disc on the 2021 model is supposed to have almost the same diameter as the 2020 model, only loosing 5 mm going from 415 mm to 410 mm. So maybe it’s just the angle of the photo?

Still very disappointing that the calipers are smaller. One advantage of having the 2020 instead of the 2021...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Yes, but the front disc on the 2021 model is supposed to have almost the same diameter as the 2020 model, only loosing 5 mm going from 415 mm to 410 mm. So maybe it’s just the angle of the photo?

Still very disappointing that the calipers are smaller. One advantage of having the 2020 instead of the 2021...
It’s not just the size of the disc that’s changed for 2021 MY. The callipers have reduced significant from 10 piston to 6 piston apparently in an effort to reduce weight (11kg’s lighter) and in recognition that the use of regenerative breaking means the front brakes are simply not required to be so powerful. Personally I am gutted as I loved the look of the huge callipers! :(

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag

As Woody says, callipers have gone from 10 piston to 6 piston and this is the first shot I’ve seen of the 6 pot with 21” e mission wheel and look really small to me, and pretty sure not angle of photo.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
10 pot on 4s pre update ( or down date in this case!)

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan in Chalk color - first pictures 6-B5-A7-BEB-5-E1-A-4-C1-F-8-EB8-41-E2-AAA8-CF24

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
If 6 pistons is more than enough on the Turbo (with PSCB) why do you still need 10 pistons on the Turbo S? (with PCCB)