TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Is the Ice Grey Metallic a flat colour or is it a proper metallic with sparkle - the reason for asking is that in the pictures it seems more flat than with sparkle?
Sponsored

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is the Ice Grey Metallic a flat colour or is it a proper metallic with sparkle - the reason for asking is that in the pictures it seems more flat than with sparkle?
I looked at this on Saturday. There is sparkle, it is not flat. I think because it is very light the sparkle does not stand out as much as Dolomite Silver. When looking at Ice Gray next to Silver it appears almost white, next to white it appears gray.

Those are my impressions, I changed my order from silver to ice gray. My dealer had just got the samples in so you might want to check your dealer.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I looked at this on Saturday. There is sparkle, it is not flat. I think because it is very light the sparkle does not stand out as much as Dolomite Silver. When looking at Ice Gray next to Silver it appears almost white, next to white it appears gray.

Those are my impressions, I changed my order from silver to ice gray. My dealer had just got the samples in so you might want to check your dealer.
thanks that kind of helps. Is it a silvery grey as Dolomite Silver put me completely off it as I thought it had too much of a blue hue to it...

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
There are lots of small sparkles in it so definitely not flat. But it's not as obvious as dolomite silver.

It's something between white and dolomite silver.
Plus, while DS has blue hue, IG has some kind of very little warm pigment in it.
One in cool spectrum, another one in warm side. This is interesting.

This is hard decision for me, but I think I'll go for IG. I have time until mid/late OCT to change my mind though.

Yes, amazingly useful post for us pondering this range of shades. Cheeky request....Be great if someone could post the other pics and the OP advise which colours are which as in some pics its difficult to call!
I've put a description in each picture in google drive. Hope it's useful.

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
thanks that kind of helps. Is it a silvery grey as Dolomite Silver put me completely off it as I thought it had too much of a blue hue to it...
I got a chance to see this in person as well. It looks like a true grey paint (with metallic pearl) instead of a reflective silver. I think imagine Carrara White Metallic which is white paint with pearly bits, except this is grey with pearly bits. It's definitely not a reflective type of "silver" though like Dolomite Silver, GT Silver Metallic, etc.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got a chance to see this in person as well. It looks like a true grey paint (with metallic pearl) instead of a reflective silver. I think imagine Carrara White Metallic which is white paint with pearly bits, except this is grey with pearly bits. It's definitely not a reflective type of "silver" though like Dolomite Silver, GT Silver Metallic, etc.
I guess I will know in late Oct/early Nov now - I took the chance and went for the Ice Grey as I just could not get along with the Dolomite "blue hue" and unfortunately GT Silver is not an option...

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are lots of small sparkles in it so definitely not flat. But it's not as obvious as dolomite silver.

It's something between white and dolomite silver.
Plus, while DS has blue hue, IG has some kind of very little warm pigment in it.
One in cool spectrum, another one in warm side. This is interesting.

This is hard decision for me, but I think I'll go for IG. I have time until mid/late OCT to change my mind though.

I've put a description in each picture in google drive. Hope it's useful.
The pictures themselves were very useful so thanks for going to this great effort!

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess I will know in late Oct/early Nov now - I took the chance and went for the Ice Grey as I just could not get along with the Dolomite "blue hue" and unfortunately GT Silver is not an option...
I still like Dolomite Silver. Compared to Ice Gray the silver looks much more metallic. I could go either way but I like that Ice Gray is lighter.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I still like Dolomite Silver. Compared to Ice Gray the silver looks much more metallic. I could go either way but I like that Ice Gray is lighter.
If you don't mind the blue hue in the light it is a nice colour so either way I am sure you will be happy. For Dolomite Silver (DS) there is even a separate group on this forum with pictures to give you a lot to look at. Unfortunately the IG is too new a colour for live pictures on the car itself.

I would just recommend you see the DS it in the flesh if at all possible - that's ultimately what swung it the other way for me unfortunately. Whilst going with IG is taking a chance, I feel by name itself it should be more greyish silver/white as a hue as opposed to blue...but let's see - I hope I am not wrong.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

What made you change from the silver to ice grey?

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
What made you change from the silver to ice grey?
It was really close and I would be happy with either. In the end I just liked the lighter tone more. We will see if I change my mind back next week. :D

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was really close and I would be happy with either. In the end I just liked the lighter tone more. We will see if I change my mind back next week. :D
For me I just could not get along with the blue hue in the flesh of the Dolomite Silver Taycan. I am hoping this is a more grey silver all be it very light.

Either way it’s locked in now so I will know end of Oct/early Nov.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Interesting to see the difference between the video and the configurator:
Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan New Colors Samples / Swatches Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 08.00.39

Configurator:
Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan New Colors Samples / Swatches 1599976970458