2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery

Drew Webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 GT2, Tesla Model X, Maserati Quattroporte
Country flag
Apologies for random picture! Didn’t preview - my bad!!
Sponsored

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
First, a huge thank you to everyone here for helping me put together my order just over 3months ago (when I switched my 911 Turbo to a Taycan Turbo). I took delivery of the car earlier today, a quick walk around video is below and the 1st picture I took of it is below.

Second, a huge shout out to Princeton Porsche. I work with tons of Porsche dealers, but Princeton Porsche continues to be one of the best in the country (and usually the one I loop members in with for help).

The car itself is amazing - very similar to the Panamera that I really enjoyed and traded-in for the Taycan but also sportier and I love the Mamba Green color. Overall, the Taycan Turbo seems to be dead-in-the-middle between the Panamera Turbo and 911 Turbo - which is what I was looking for. If I have one regret, it's that I went with all-black on the interior. I haven't done all-black in a while (my Panamera was red), but it was hard to match something to the bright green. I'm sure it will grow on me though. Also, as a pleasant surprise, the car came with a Porsche Mobile Charger (that supports up to 40amp). I know those who ordered around the same time as me (December/January) were surprised to see the configurator start charging for the mobile charger. I opted-out of it and received the Porsche Mobile Charger anyway (v2 if that matters). I didn't realize it was coming, so I think I'll stick to the charging set up I already have (and am selling the charger), but just a heads up for those who were in the same boat as me.

I'll report back with more feedback once I drive it some more. On the to-do's is a hard-wire radar installation (the tap-a-fuse I had didn't fit -Porsche is using normal size fuses here, not the smaller ones I had on past Porsche's). Aside from that, it's a very smooth ride (based on the feedback from my wife and my kids who spend most of the time in the GLS450 which is known for very smoothness and comfort). I haven't tried any crazy acceleration yet, but the instant hp/torque is already very noticeable.

For those on the fence about the bright colors, or any of the options I have, please message me and I can help. For those who need a great dealership who can provide a great price, also PM me. I've helped about ~2-3 dozen members here with their orders in the last 6mo and am always available to help.

167290345_815499085723994_6273380792037469082_n.jpg
Great colour choice and delighted to see Porsche colours making a come back. I’m choosing Neptune blue ... just love Porsche solid colours and a refreshing change from 50 shades of grey. In addition choosing a contrast interior really helps. I love the blackberry interior but couldn’t make it work with Neptune blue so going with standard black and chalk.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Good idea, yeah.
Did you swap the side markers for clear? I did this mod right away.
I also like 3rd party puddle lights from AddCarLights.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did you swap the side markers for clear? I did this mod right away.
I also like 3rd party puddle lights from AddCarLights.
You know, I've done the mod on all past car, but didn't bother on the Taycan. The yellow doesn't bother me that much on the green. The puddle lights I don't think I can do since my car doesn't have any to begin with.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know, I've done the mod on all past car, but didn't bother on the Taycan. The yellow doesn't bother me that much on the green. The puddle lights I don't think I can do since my car doesn't have any to begin with.
Got you on the Side Markers. They look fine on the Mamba.
Puddle lights are standard for safety reasons and basically the lights on the bottom of each door.
This is the picture of the mod on our Macan but I have the same mod on the Taycan.
No tools plug and play mod.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery 1703605567412

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got you on the Side Markers. They look fine on the Mamba.
Puddle lights are standard for safety reasons and basically the lights on the bottom of each door.
This is the picture of the mod on our Macan but I have the same mod on the Taycan.
No tools plug and play mod.

1703605567412.png
Very interesting. I thought I could only do that if I had some puddle light option to begin with.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very interesting. I thought I could only do that if I had some puddle light option to begin with.
This could be confusing for sure. Standard puddle lights are there and they are just lights.
The option is to add the projection of Porsche text on the ground for a steep $330.
These are 3rd party projection lights for about $49 a pair with discount code with 4 different projection styles:
https://www.addcarlights.com/product/porsche-logo-door-lights/

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any guide on the install? Is it really just plug and play?
If you have the ambient lighting package, then it is plug and play. Without it, the puddle light on the door are not lit up and there is no electrical plug going into them. With the ambient light package, the puddle light on the door is "blacked out" and all you need to do is to buy aftermarket lights and then pop the OEM out and plug the new in ones in.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you have the ambient lighting package, then it is plug and play. Without it, the puddle light on the door are not lit up and there is no electrical plug going into them. With the ambient light package, the puddle light on the door is "blacked out" and all you need to do is to buy aftermarket lights and then pop the OEM out and plug the new in ones in.
I don't remember selecting any specific ambient light package - unless it came with the premium package?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I don't remember selecting any specific ambient light package - unless it came with the premium package?
It was either part of the premium package or the tech package when I ordered.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any guide on the install? Is it really just plug and play?
Truly plug and play and I am happy to share a step by step.
The lights are held by flexible plastic clips on the red side of the light, and fixed clips on the white side see below, which guides the install sequence. AddCarLights come with a trim tool to pry them out, but I just push them out by hand from the red side. Then you just unplug stock light by pushing a clip to release the plug, then connect the new light and push it back in starting with white side where the fixed clips are and then push the red side with flex clips in, last. Done.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery 1703610018630

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has to be part of standard equipment on a Turbo trim.
You can just open the door and see the light beaming on the ground.

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If your cup holder rim lights up and can change color then you are good to go
Sponsored