2021 Taycan Turbo S sees pretty high battery temperature on mountain trip

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
I figured i would post this for others and see if anyone else has had this experience. I drove 80 from Reno to bay area through the mountains last week. I stopped to charge and my battery temp was 109F. Pretty hot since the air temp in the mountains was low 30s. I plugged in and still managed a 150kw speed and had no problems with battery temp that hot. I wonder if others have experienced higher temps with their car. I do drive with 22inch vossen forged wheels and i drive fast. I never worry about the range and i honestly think this car is pretty damn efficient for driving hi speeds for hours. I have had the recent major software update which allows the battery to run at a higher temp and i can vouch for that. I would love to hear what others have experienced and if they have had these temps too. The more time i have had with the car the more impressed i am as an owner. The turbo s is stupid fast and i wish i could have the full 760 hp in sports mode continuous instead of just launch control. Porsche.....are u listening? I think that update needs to happen next.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo S sees pretty high battery temperature on mountain trip IMG_1137

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo S sees pretty high battery temperature on mountain trip IMG_1135

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
mountain driving = lots of uphill power?
lot of downhill braking = lots of regen - charging the battery = heat…
lots of power = lots of discharging
lots of discharging = lots of heat

132F is the "cut off" for power reduction - you're no where near close to that

I remain unconcerned - the vehicle will manage itself - there is ample capacity to "cool" the battery if required - if the porsche sytems are unconcerned about it - so should you - the car is allowing the battery to be that warm - it's not a problem.

drive and enjoy!