02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
At around 1000 miles, I started hearing a faint high pitch buzzing/squealing sound from the front left tire area at highway speeds. It was very gradually getting louder. I couldn't tell for sure if it was road noise or wind noise or something mechanical. I had to take the car in due to a nail in my tire and luckily the fine folks at Porsche West Palm Beach sent a 30+ year Porsche tech out with me for a test drive.

He immediately recognized it as a bad wheel bearing because he said they recently had one other one. He implied the other was a 2022 as well and said maybe some bearings didn't get greased properly or something during manufacturing. They put a scope on it to confirm it was indeed the wheel bearing and it was replaced under warranty.

I've heard wheel bearings before and they're usually more of a low pitched sound like a growl or a grinding kind of sound but this was much more high pitch. It kind of sounded like the brake wear indicator was scraping ever so gently but I knew that wasn't what it was. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has anything similar. You might be able to point them in the right direction. The car is so much quieter on the freeway now, better than new.
Sponsored

Last edited: