2022 price rise........ Should you have to pay it having already ordered?

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Signed for a new CT 3 months ago - price agreed, deposit paid...... now as it'll be a 2022 car the price is plus £2,500-3,000 ...........
I'd have thought Porsche or the dealer should either have advised that the price was subject to increase ( they didn't) or alternatively they should absorb any difference that bridges a price increase pre-delivery ..............
Sponsored

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Welcome to the world of Porsche! Before I bought my Macan a few years ago supply was so short that some people waited 18 months or more and got caught with 2 price rises. I think the price only fixes when you pay the final invoice. You can of course ask for your deposit back if you are unhappy with this

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I would think the price locks when your deposit becomes non-refundable. Built to order. Prior to that, anything can happen. At least that is what is what I would consider reasonable.

That said, I suspect there may be fine print in the purchase agreement that the dealer can back out of the deal at any time before they deliver the car (and of course pay back the deposit). I ran into this once here in the USA, talked to an attorney and learned that the dealers have that right, while the purchaser does not (not only that, the dealer could theoretically sue you for the entire purchase price if you back out, but typically they settle on keeping the deposit).

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Signed for a new CT 3 months ago - price agreed, deposit paid...... now as it'll be a 2022 car the price is plus £2,500-3,000 ...........
I'd have thought Porsche or the dealer should either have advised that the price was subject to increase ( they didn't) or alternatively they should absorb any difference that bridges a price increase pre-delivery ..............
I think if I remember correctly the price only locks once the deposit is non refundable and the config is locked and gone to build.

Any model year change is always going to be subject to price change and that’s for any manufacturer similar to Porsche.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
All manufacturers have been pulling this trick for years : it’s nothing new. There was actually a price-reduction whilst I was waiting for my car, which eventually arrived on time in mid-March this year.

In the meantime, the performance battery was reduced in price by about £600, but my dealer explained that I wouldn’t be getting the benefit of this … but I would not be playing the general increase of March 1st !

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In addition to the other comments have you compared the spec changes - some 'options' may now be included. Increase quoted seems on the high side.

I've just opened my original spec for my 4S (Nov'20) and the differences for model year changes are as follows (£450 more expensive plus I got the Mobile Charger Connect for free so there is a delta there too - £1,217 all in):

Porsche Taycan 2022 price rise........  Should you have to pay it having already ordered? 1629199885347

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Just look in your contract. There should be a paragraph about it. I have read different versions, also that the costs are covered by the dealer.

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
What was the outcome in the end?

OP
OP
XKSS

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
What was the outcome in the end?
HI

Funnily enough I just collected my car this afternoon - 5 months order to delivery - I had to pay the extra £2,000 . They said until build starts your price isn't fixed so effectiverly about a month pre-delivery. But did get a few things to mitigate my displeasure - free services, ceramic coating, couple of extended loan cars and some goodies - water under the bridge now as I'm chuffed with the car after just 100 miles !!
Hope you enjoy yours too.

TaycanBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
HI

Funnily enough I just collected my car this afternoon - 5 months order to delivery - I had to pay the extra £2,000 . They said until build starts your price isn't fixed so effectiverly about a month pre-delivery. But did get a few things to mitigate my displeasure - free services, ceramic coating, couple of extended loan cars and some goodies - water under the bridge now as I'm chuffed with the car after just 100 miles !!
Hope you enjoy yours too.
Thanks for the fast response. Good to know that they added some extras in to mitigate the price rise. 2x free services alone would bridge the gap!