2022 Taycan Questions

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS- 2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Picked up my 2022 RWD Taycan last week and trying to work down the learning curve but have a few items that keep stumping me. Any help would be appreciated.
I)Porsche Connect Service were successfully activated in the Porsche including setting privacy inactive. Things worked great but twice over the week when I started the car it want a user to be activated or enter guess. I could see my name but is was greyed out and the system privacy was active. Both time the car recovered over time and I think it has to deal with status of my Porsche connect app on the phone but do not know what is causing it. Any ideas?

2) Is there a way to disable auto locking of the car and take my keys with me. I can not find a setting anywhere. Right now the interior monitoring is automately alarming which is a know problem with the car. I know how to disable the interior monitoring but this is a hassle around the house

3) Regeneration/Recuperation Mode- Watched the video so understand the basics including regen happens when the gas is released and or braking. On the power meter I can see the green indication of recuperation when I take my foot off the gas but if I brake reasonably hard there is no increase in the green. I tried in both auto and on mode.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
#1: never happened to me…

#2: don’t know other solution for alarm issue than lock the car twice.

#3: afaik, breaks needs to be “adjusted”, so it takes about 400km before brake recuperation starts working (in my case more than 450).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Picked up my 2022 RWD Taycan last week and trying to work down the learning curve but have a few items that keep stumping me. Any help would be appreciated.
I)Porsche Connect Service were successfully activated in the Porsche including setting privacy inactive. Things worked great but twice over the week when I started the car it want a user to be activated or enter guess. I could see my name but is was greyed out and the system privacy was active. Both time the car recovered over time and I think it has to deal with status of my Porsche connect app on the phone but do not know what is causing it. Any ideas?

2) Is there a way to disable auto locking of the car and take my keys with me. I can not find a setting anywhere. Right now the interior monitoring is automately alarming which is a know problem with the car. I know how to disable the interior monitoring but this is a hassle around the house

3) Regeneration/Recuperation Mode- Watched the video so understand the basics including regen happens when the gas is released and or braking. On the power meter I can see the green indication of recuperation when I take my foot off the gas but if I brake reasonably hard there is no increase in the green. I tried in both auto and on mode.

Thanks in advance
1. For remote access privacy mode must always be deactivated. You can enable auto login to negate the need to provide a PIN and is determined by which key you use . You need a good cell / LTE connection also. There are some ongoing issues with new Connect users and may resolve itself.

The car only auto locks if you unlock the car and don't open a door, trunk or frunk within 45 secs. If you have unlocked the car, open a door, close, walk away then the door handles will retract after a while. This does not mean that the car is locked. Placing your hand under the handle and pulling will open the door. Lock the car with the key or door sensor (comfort option).

Auto locking occurs on drive off but can be configured in PCM.

2. This appears to be a common problem on new cars. Not sure why but your dealer must be aware.

3. Read the Porsche Good To Know App on this topic. No regen in the initial miles. Braking when regen is available or active uses the motors for braking.

Manual regen is available most of the time when Range drive mode not in use. Auto regen relies on tracking what's in front of the car .

Green on the Power Metre is a good sign. Note that regen will naturally occur without manually enabling it as the Power Metre illustrates.

More to it than this - conditions etc but the app will help to explain most of these features.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
3. Read the Porsche Good To Know App on this topic. No regen in the initial miles. Braking when regen is available or active uses the motors for braking.
It's worth mentioning that technically – I believe – its the initial period when the brake pads are new. It's my understanding that you'll experience the same behaviour – in the future – when brake pads are changed. Though, that is probably a long way away for most Taycan's still.
Sponsored