CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Why do you wish you bought the larger battery and why is it your only regret? My freeze date is in 2 weeks and I am back and forth about the PB+ option.
I don't think it's worth it. I usually drive less than 40 miles/day, charge overnight twice a week. High power charging infrastructure sprouting up around here.

Also happy I went with the Porsche standard springs suspension (locked in NORMAL). With the condition of roads around here, I don't need another root canal.

Spent the ~$8k savings on the Porsche 21" exclusiv wheels with tire/wheel insurance, 3M PPF and tinting; no regrets!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I got it as I do not have a home charger. If you do then in my view you don't need it especially as there is no performance enhancement. And as for long journeys I am not sure another 30 miles adds any value. What's that? Another 30 mins in the car?

Not getting rear axle steering is my only regret.
larger battery adds weight and minimal range and cost. ( ..diminishing returns..).I get about 260 miles with the smaller battery and that, in the real world, is fine (for me)...pee stops and food stops typically coincide with charging.

qubilist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 MDX
Country flag
I got mine from this guy. So did others from this forum. I am so happy with mine.
+1 (510) 241-5459

you have to use the app What’s up to message him.
I know it sounds sketchy but believe me it is real.

Thanks for the info. Do you need to change suspension or brakes when switching from the base aero rims to mission E? I know when you select mission E it looks like it add brakes when you are ordering the car.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Do you need to change suspension or brakes when switching from the base aero rims to mission E? I know when you select mission E it looks like it add brakes when you are ordering the car.
No thats the best part of buying these rims! Just give them your tire size and thats it! I have 19" wheels on my RWD.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Yep I am getting a home charger in my garage installed (either Chargepoint or Emporia). I really am starting to think I don't need it plus there is Electrify America stations around close to the house in the US. So there's really no performance enhancement and it just adds more weight to an already heavy car.

Also, do you think it will add any significant resale value though? Personally I am starting to think no.
By the time you may want to resell, the public expectation of what an acceptable range is may have shifted further (as it already has over the previous couple of years). The PB+ range may make the difference.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I do wish I bought the larger battery, that is my only regret.
Why do you wish you bought the larger battery
it’s hard to predict when you’ll need the extra range so it’s like buying insurance (you don’t really see the value until when you need it)
I have the larger battery and in my 6 months of driving the Taycan, twice I was down to well below 10% before I could re-charge at home. If I didn't have the larger battery, I would have had to find a public charger. While I think you can get away without having the larger battery, it does come in handy once in awhile.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Another benefit of the larger battery pack is that battery degradation will not affect range quite as much as the smaller pack.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Good write-up, no disagreements, happy with my RWD build (Premium package, PB+, RAS, ACC, not much else for performance), and constantly looking for places to go.

LMK if you need me to run any errands for you. Car is charged and ready to roll.

qubilist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 MDX
Country flag
I got mine from this guy. So did others from this forum. I am so happy with mine.
+1 (510) 241-5459

you have to use the app What’s up to message him.
I know it sounds sketchy but believe me it is real.

So the Mission E you got from him were 19"? I thought the Mission E are 21". So just buy the 21" and they already fit? Approximately how much were they?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
So the Mission E you got from him were 19"? I thought the Mission E are 21". So just buy the 21" and they already fit? Approximately how much were they?

They're not the official Porsche Mission E rims. They're replicas, and blindingly obvious replicas too. The sidewall is far too big. You can see them in JRNJTAYCAN's avatar.

Last edited:

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They're not the official Porsche Mission E rims. They're replicas, and blindingly obvious replicas too. The sidewall is far too big. You can see them in qubilist's avatar.
True they are not from Porsche but if you do your research nearly 99% of all rims made come from China FOR ALL CAR MANUFACTURERS.
As to the side what....what are you talking about? The side wall has nothing to do with the rims. I "chose" larger sidewall tires given the area I live and drive. If you rather low profile tires you can use them on these mission E rims. Clearly Throb has no idea what he is talking about with his sidewall comment (sorry dude but know your facts before you crap on someones post).
The rims are made from forged aluminum which is the strongest and lightest rim you can get. I have had them on my car for nearly 2000 miles now and love them. As to the size they will make them for any size tire that you already have. You are not locked into the 21" that Porsche makes standard when you buy from them.
I would not think twice about buying these if you want mission E's for your car. The price of the rims was 1200 plus 599 for air freight. Once they were made I had them within 4 days.
If you like to speak off line feel free to PM me and I will give you my cell to chat off line so we do not get any yahoos like Throb chiming in with incorrect information.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True they are not from Porsche but if you do your research nearly 99% of all rims made come from China FOR ALL CAR MANUFACTURERS.
I couldn't care less where either your rims, or official Porsche rims are made. That isn't my issue.

As to the side what....what are you talking about? The side wall has nothing to do with the rims. I "chose" larger sidewall tires given the area I live and drive. If you rather low profile tires you can use them on these mission E rims. Clearly Throb has no idea what he is talking about with his sidewall comment (sorry dude but know your facts before you crap on someones post).
If you put low profile tyres on these replica 19" rims, they will not fill the arches in the same way the genuine 21" Mission E rims do. You cannot just put 19" rims in place of 21" and expect them to look the same. They would look just as ridiculous as your rims do.

It's the high rim to tyre ratio that makes wheels look sporty. It's because your rims are 19" that make them not look like Porsche OEM. Putting low profile tyres on them won't change that fact.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I couldn't care less where either your rims, or official Porsche rims are made. That isn't my issue.

If you put low profile tyres on these replica 19" rims, they will not fill the arches in the same way the genuine 21" Mission E rims do. You cannot just put 19" rims in place of 21" and expect them to look the same. They would look just as ridiculous as your rims do.

It's the high rim to tyre ratio that makes wheels look sporty. It's because your rims are 19" that make them not look like Porsche OEM. Putting low profile tyres on them won't change that fact.
OMG if you have nothing good to say or share then leave this chat!
Obviously you have an option and thats your right, we also have ours so back down!

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OMG if you have nothing good to say or share then leave this chat!
Obviously you have an option and thats your right, we also have ours so back down!
I wasn't even replying to you. I was replying to someone else who was questioning how someone could have Mission E rims in 19". It was you who chose to reply to me with insults, saying I "didn't know what I was talking about".

Enjoy your rims, Champ. If you're happy with them then that's ALL that matters really.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wasn't even replying to you. I was replying to someone else who was questioning how someone could have Mission E rims in 19". It was you who chose to reply to me with insults, saying I "didn't know what I was talking about".

Enjoy your rims, Champ. If you're happy with them then that's ALL that matters really.
Sorry I truly did not mean to insult you, please accept my apology. Anyone that owns a Taycan is a friend of mine. We are a small group worldwide!
Sponsored