adamandsheri

First Name
AdamAndSheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My Gentian Blue RWD rolled over 10,000 miles yesterday (16,090 km for our non-American friends). Coincidentally I was on the way to Porsche for the PCM upgrade, which I really wanted, mainly for wireless android auto. We took delivery on November 13th, 2021.

I am happy to report that except for the well-known computer glitches, I have had absolutely no issues with the Taycan. It is a ridiculously amazing car, especially for the price on the RWD. I still get strangers asking about it constantly and it is hard to argue that there is a better looking or better driving vehicle at this price point.

A few items of note. Re the PCM we have had the blank-screen / two finger reboot problem, which has increased in frequency dramatically over the last 60 days. We have the super annoying interior alarm issue, which is being fixed at the moment as well. The drive-to-park issue at stop lights has occurred about 10 times. Other than that, a few non-memorable glitches here and there, but nothing worth giving a second thought.

I am very happy with the options I chose. In particular, friends love the puddle lamps; I love the lighting that matches the album cover of the song playing; I cannot live without the heads up display; the passenger display looks cool and has provided some benefit a handful of times; PID leaves a lot to be desired, but mostly I use it to make sure I don't rear-end anyone or drift into the next lane when playing with my phone and it does that well enough. I do wish I bought the larger battery, that is my only regret.

Since our fabulous EMC only charges $.045 kwh from midnight to 6am we have spent less than $200 on charging for about 9,000 miles (the rest was EA).

If I won the lottery tomorrow, I am certain I would still be driving a Taycan (Turbo no doubt), but it's really nice to drive a car daily that is essentially the same as I would drive if I could own anything on the road. I hope you all are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Cheers!
Sponsored

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
My Gentian Blue RWD rolled over 10,000 miles yesterday (16,090 km for our non-American friends). Coincidentally I was on the way to Porsche for the PCM upgrade, which I really wanted, mainly for wireless android auto. We took delivery on November 13th, 2021.

I am happy to report that except for the well-known computer glitches, I have had absolutely no issues with the Taycan. It is a ridiculously amazing car, especially for the price on the RWD. I still get strangers asking about it constantly and it is hard to argue that there is a better looking or better driving vehicle at this price point.

A few items of note. Re the PCM we have had the blank-screen / two finger reboot problem, which has increased in frequency dramatically over the last 60 days. We have the super annoying interior alarm issue, which is being fixed at the moment as well. The drive-to-park issue at stop lights has occurred about 10 times. Other than that, a few non-memorable glitches here and there, but nothing worth giving a second thought.

I am very happy with the options I chose. In particular, friends love the puddle lamps; I love the lighting that matches the album cover of the song playing; I cannot live without the heads up display; the passenger display looks cool and has provided some benefit a handful of times; PID leaves a lot to be desired, but mostly I use it to make sure I don't rear-end anyone or drift into the next lane when playing with my phone and it does that well enough. I do wish I bought the larger battery, that is my only regret.

Since our fabulous EMC only charges $.045 kwh from midnight to 6am we have spent less than $200 on charging for about 9,000 miles (the rest was EA).

If I won the lottery tomorrow, I am certain I would still be driving a Taycan (Turbo no doubt), but it's really nice to drive a car daily that is essentially the same as I would drive if I could own anything on the road. I hope you all are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Cheers!
“It is a ridiculously amazing car, especially for the price on the RWD. I still get strangers asking about it constantly and it is hard to argue that there is a better looking or better driving vehicle at this price point.” 110%. I also had the alarm issue which was fixed and made my PCM basically seize but that also was fixed shortly after. Haven’t updated yet due to lack of time and not wanting to spoil how beautifully perfect my 22 RWD with 4K miles on it is running now.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wait till you take that car to a track or autocross, that is when it really shines.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

Why do you wish you bought the larger battery and why is it your only regret? My freeze date is in 2 weeks and I am back and forth about the PB+ option.

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Why do you wish you bought the larger battery and why is it your only regret? My freeze date is in 2 weeks and I am back and forth about the PB+ option.
Why not buy the bigger battery? I think it’s worth it.

it’s hard to predict when you’ll need the extra range so it’s like buying insurance (you don’t really see the value until when you need it)

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I got it as I do not have a home charger. If you do then in my view you don't need it especially as there is no performance enhancement. And as for long journeys I am not sure another 30 miles adds any value. What's that? Another 30 mins in the car?

Not getting rear axle steering is my only regret.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got it as I do not have a home charger. If you do then in my view you don't need it especially as there is no performance enhancement. And as for long journeys I am not sure another 30 miles adds any value. What's that? Another 30 mins in the car?

Not getting rear axle steering is my only regret.
Why not buy the bigger battery? I think it’s worth it.

it’s hard to predict when you’ll need the extra range so it’s like buying insurance (you don’t really see the value until when you need it)

Yep I am getting a home charger in my garage installed (either Chargepoint or Emporia). I really am starting to think I don't need it plus there is Electrify America stations around close to the house in the US. So there's really no performance enhancement and it just adds more weight to an already heavy car.

Also, do you think it will add any significant resale value though? Personally I am starting to think no.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Great write up OP. 👍

@gusone
PB+ does add performance enhancements. It's just not the 0-60 figure or top speed,which everyone quotes.
Its where it matters more (overtaking / 80-120kph).

That said, the standard baterry will be less heavy and should make the car handle better.

Porsche Taycan 2022 Taycan RWD 10k mile review 1651862655911

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I got the PB+ for the extra range and the extra power in the midrange as Fish Fingers has nicely shown above. Having been in rural Wales for a weeks holiday last week that extra range removed any anxiety with me knowing I would always have enough to get me back. Its not essential it just helps.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I have 2800 miles in my 22 RWD now and also have enjoyed driving every mile. I loaded up my car with options but did not get the PB+ (I did not see the value for the little range it offered). I have no regrets with that as the range I get is fine, on long trips I charge to 100% and have gotten nearly 300 miles on a full charge. I mainly use EA as I have one a few miles from my house. I also have charges installed in each of my houses so I am never short of power for the ride!
The only regret I have is not getting the Mission E rims however that will change next week when I upgrade my rims! Cant’ wait!!!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am similar to OP, had my RWD PB+ a year and done nearly 10k miles.

Absolutely adore driving the car. Two words spring to mine every time I drive it: refined / sublime.

My options are very different to OP but suit what I need (no HUD / Sport Sound / ambient light).

Really glad I got air suspension, folding mirrors, surround view and PB+.

Wish I had got rear wheel steering and possibly ditch the pano roof in favour of red interior (got standard black interior).

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have 2800 miles in my 22 RWD now and also have enjoyed driving every mile. I loaded up my car with options but did not get the PB+ (I did not see the value for the little range it offered). I have no regrets with that as the range I get is fine, on long trips I charge to 100% and have gotten nearly 300 miles on a full charge. I mainly use EA as I have one a few miles from my house. I also have charges installed in each of my houses so I am never short of power for the ride!
The only regret I have is not getting the Mission E rims however that will change next week when I upgrade my rims! Cant’ wait!!!
Unless you absolutely can’t live without the Mission E wheels at build the way they overcharge for the brakes with them makes it an easy pass.

glad your upgrading after purchase though

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless you absolutely can’t live without the Mission E wheels at build the way they overcharge for the brakes with them makes it an easy pass.

glad your upgrading after purchase though
SO true! Thats why I passed during the build. The price of the rims were not bad but then they hit you with a no opt. out for the brake upgrade.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where can you buy the Mission E rims from?
I got mine from this guy. So did others from this forum. I am so happy with mine.
+1 (510) 241-5459

you have to use the app What’s up to message him.
I know it sounds sketchy but believe me it is real.
Sponsored