2023 Chalk GTS Sport Turismo - just arrived last week

JKY

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ5, 2023 Taycan GTS ST (Dec Delivery)
Country flag
I put my first deposit down in 2019!!! And it's finally here. First impressions:

PROS
  • Looks so much better and much lower in person.
  • Was worried Chalk would look too muddy, and too slabby on the ST body, but actually looks great with the glass roof to break up the top surface.
  • Had 2X Tesla model S previously... this car is just a completely different driving experience. 10X more precise. Just wow.
  • GTS wheels look perfect for the car.
  • (Look will be complete once I swap out turn signals for euro ones)
CONS
  • I ordered the GTS chalk interior mistakenly. I should have just gotten the Chalk seat belts. The other changes are so subtle, I don't think it's worth the money.
  • Puddle lights are ridiculously small. My wife's Audi SQ5 looks like a superman badge at night. The Porsche one looks like 12 point type on the ground
  • Back up camera is as bad as everyone says - in the fisheye view everything looks REALLY CLOSE like you're about to hit it, even though its 6 feet away. I like the normal view... but again, no guidelines (I wonder why they can't add that in software update)
  • Still sorting through some PCM issues - rear screens not getting wifi from car, so have to hotspot from my phone etc - on a related note, don't let your kids convince you to get rear screens.
  • Range says 200 at full charge... I'm guessing that improves in warmer weather to 233?
Overall - I LOVE love this car. And the fact that the body style is so rare in the US makes it that much more special. (My wife thinks I'm crazy for loving wagon's - I started with a salvaged teal-green Accord wagon after college, then a BMW 5 series wagon, then an Audi A4 wagon before going electric)

Porsche Taycan 2023 Chalk GTS Sport Turismo - just arrived last week IMG_4124
Sponsored

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I love that we were all driving our first German "shitboxes" 20 years ago, and now we've graduated to these. If you'd had shown me my Taycan back then it woulda looked like out of Tron. Congrats on the car. Chalk looks great and love the ST look. My gf hates wagons too fyi.

akg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST (inbound), 2021 AMG G63
Country flag
Welcome to the chalk GTS ST club!
Porsche Taycan 2023 Chalk GTS Sport Turismo - just arrived last week 7A4BA3A3-8AA8-4C60-9BE3-45BCAB742026
Porsche Taycan 2023 Chalk GTS Sport Turismo - just arrived last week 5E6534CA-252C-4BA5-B1E7-98C338422473

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I put my first deposit down in 2019!!! And it's finally here. First impressions:

PROS
  • Looks so much better and much lower in person.
  • Was worried Chalk would look too muddy, and too slabby on the ST body, but actually looks great with the glass roof to break up the top surface.
  • Had 2X Tesla model S previously... this car is just a completely different driving experience. 10X more precise. Just wow.
  • GTS wheels look perfect for the car.
  • (Look will be complete once I swap out turn signals for euro ones)
CONS
  • I ordered the GTS chalk interior mistakenly. I should have just gotten the Chalk seat belts. The other changes are so subtle, I don't think it's worth the money.
  • Puddle lights are ridiculously small. My wife's Audi SQ5 looks like a superman badge at night. The Porsche one looks like 12 point type on the ground
  • Back up camera is as bad as everyone says - in the fisheye view everything looks REALLY CLOSE like you're about to hit it, even though its 6 feet away. I like the normal view... but again, no guidelines (I wonder why they can't add that in software update)
  • Still sorting through some PCM issues - rear screens not getting wifi from car, so have to hotspot from my phone etc - on a related note, don't let your kids convince you to get rear screens.
  • Range says 200 at full charge... I'm guessing that improves in warmer weather to 233?
Overall - I LOVE love this car. And the fact that the body style is so rare in the US makes it that much more special. (My wife thinks I'm crazy for loving wagon's - I started with a salvaged teal-green Accord wagon after college, then a BMW 5 series wagon, then an Audi A4 wagon before going electric)

IMG_4124.jpg

Beautiful spec and car, congrats.

BTW, chalk seatbelts can be swapped in pretty easily at the dealer for a fee of course, but not unreasonable given the cost of these cars. Thats one regret that you can fix if it is worth it to you. Swapping out colored seatbelts is a thing done commonly among the 911 crowd.

The cost of the GTS interior is about the same as the specific option for contrast stitching on any other interior, but you get a few extra GTS touches for free in addition. In Chalk, I can see that it is so subtle that you may not think it is worth it, but regardless its a classy and GTS specific cool look.

Also, you might want to look at some of the other aftermarket puddle lights that swap in easily for minimal cost that give you a much bigger font and choices of Porsche crests, or the word Taycan. There is a thread here discussing these and they are all very positive compared to the OEM ones. They are a very simple swap.

Enjoy your car, I'm patiently waiting for my GTS ST to be built in February.

Last edited: