korsikoff

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Took delivery of my Neptune Blue CT 4S yesterday (Monday).

Here are some (very) early thoughts and notes:

- It drives quite brilliantly. Seems to be a super daily driver when in Normal mode, very comfortable. Moving up to Sport Plus makes it quite a bit more interesting! Handling through the A and B roads of Bucks and Beds last night was a joy.
- Neptune Blue is a fabulous colour. Super happy with it.
- Crayon / Black interior suits the neptune blue very well IMHO. I have only ever had black leather interior, so this was a risk for me. And it has turned out to be a risk that has paid off.
- Car has arrived with Comfort Access, although I didn't option it.
- Head Up Display seems to have different configuration to the manual. Maybe it has changed recently? Makes no real difference though and can't do without it after having on previous cars for last few years. Shame can't get music on the HUD but not a big issue.
- That rear camera isn't great. Nowhere near as good as that on my X5.
- Surprised by how good the PCM is. Not quite as user friendly as BMW idrive, but still a pretty good experience. The set up was super quick via Porsche Connect. Spotify, Apple Music connected by way of QR code from screen and completed within seconds at the dealer.
- Vehicle arrived with Bose and the VLC roof. My OPC said they don't expect too many more to have Bose or Burmester in next few months.
- Bose sound is good. Not brilliant, but perfectly acceptable
- The VLC roof is a cool feature. Completely unnecessary of course!!
- My 15 year old daughter loves the passenger screen and the ease for her to change music etc. Although going home to tell her mum about the g forces she experienced whilst viewing 'cockpit' is possibly not what I wanted her to do!! At night, with all four screens on, the cabin looks quite 'busy' albeit very high tech. The screens are go the highest quality.
- Dynamic ambient lighting is a great feature.
- Steering column is manual adjustment, not electric as it should have been. I believe this is a common issue now with lack of 'parts'.
- The boot can fit a decent size golf cart bag and clubs (without the need to take out your driver!) and a trolley, along with shoes, etc etc. Pleasantly surprised. My statement to the wife about it being 'practical' now holds water!!
- As others have highlighted, the armrest is a pain. Very small amount of storage and awkward to get into. Noticeable how much smaller the door bins are compared to my X5. Not a complaint, just an observation (and to be expected).
- First home charge in progress with a Hypervolt charger. Seems to be working but need to get to grips with timed charging etc. And the Hypervolt app tells me it is cheaper to charge at home than to fill up with petrol in an ICE!!

This is my first Porsche, so the likelihood was that I would be blown away. If anything, it has exceeded my expectations (just one day in :)). It looks fantastic and drives brilliantly. Will get some photos up to the Neptune Blue colour thread when it is clean again.
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Took delivery of my Neptune Blue CT 4S yesterday (Monday).

Here are some (very) early thoughts and notes:

- It drives quite brilliantly. Seems to be a super daily driver when in Normal mode, very comfortable. Moving up to Sport Plus makes it quite a bit more interesting! Handling through the A and B roads of Bucks and Beds last night was a joy.
- Neptune Blue is a fabulous colour. Super happy with it.
- Crayon / Black interior suits the neptune blue very well IMHO. I have only ever had black leather interior, so this was a risk for me. And it has turned out to be a risk that has paid off.
- Car has arrived with Comfort Access, although I didn't option it.
- Head Up Display seems to have different configuration to the manual. Maybe it has changed recently? Makes no real difference though and can't do without it after having on previous cars for last few years. Shame can't get music on the HUD but not a big issue.
- That rear camera isn't great. Nowhere near as good as that on my X5.
- Surprised by how good the PCM is. Not quite as user friendly as BMW idrive, but still a pretty good experience. The set up was super quick via Porsche Connect. Spotify, Apple Music connected by way of QR code from screen and completed within seconds at the dealer.
- Vehicle arrived with Bose and the VLC roof. My OPC said they don't expect too many more to have Bose or Burmester in next few months.
- Bose sound is good. Not brilliant, but perfectly acceptable
- The VLC roof is a cool feature. Completely unnecessary of course!!
- My 15 year old daughter loves the passenger screen and the ease for her to change music etc. Although going home to tell her mum about the g forces she experienced whilst viewing 'cockpit' is possibly not what I wanted her to do!! At night, with all four screens on, the cabin looks quite 'busy' albeit very high tech. The screens are go the highest quality.
- Dynamic ambient lighting is a great feature.
- Steering column is manual adjustment, not electric as it should have been. I believe this is a common issue now with lack of 'parts'.
- The boot can fit a decent size golf cart bag and clubs (without the need to take out your driver!) and a trolley, along with shoes, etc etc. Pleasantly surprised. My statement to the wife about it being 'practical' now holds water!!
- As others have highlighted, the armrest is a pain. Very small amount of storage and awkward to get into. Noticeable how much smaller the door bins are compared to my X5. Not a complaint, just an observation (and to be expected).
- First home charge in progress with a Hypervolt charger. Seems to be working but need to get to grips with timed charging etc. And the Hypervolt app tells me it is cheaper to charge at home than to fill up with petrol in an ICE!!

This is my first Porsche, so the likelihood was that I would be blown away. If anything, it has exceeded my expectations (just one day in :)). It looks fantastic and drives brilliantly. Will get some photos up to the Neptune Blue colour thread when it is clean again.
Great write-up and has just made me even more impatient to get home to collect mine! Health to enjoy.

Oh, and get some pics up! ;) 👍

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Congrats. Love to see pics. I have a Neptune on order

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Just going to jump in on this thread, also just 1 month in on our CT 4S, and also have an X5 45e so similar basis for comparison: Agree with all of OP's thoughts with items relevant for our build:

Quick summary of main config:
20' aero with studded Michelins
RAS
Sport Chrono
18 Way with ventilation
Noice insulated / tinted windows
Head-up
LCA
ACC
Comfort access
Burmester
Heat pump

Matrix lights (we have full functionality)

Negatives
* the infamous armrest is ridiculous
* Same goes for rear camera
* As it is an "S" - no electric steering column. Miss it but is what it is
* Navigation sucks, but that is very much depending on location. For my area it is way behind BMW and Google, however much better once I turned off the "AI" or anything related to charging planning, and rather handle that manually

And thats about it.... I was also aware of all the above so already considered and accepted

Positives:
WHAT A BRILLIANT WINTER DAILY DRIVE.!!!

Since I picked it up it has been like this:
Porsche Taycan 2023 CT4S First Impressions 20221230_092304

or like this

Porsche Taycan 2023 CT4S First Impressions 20230111_101848

But this thing drives like on rails in slush and varying left / right surface conditions (sport mode for permanent AWD), and is far better on steep icy roads than X drive and quattro. Impressed how confiden it is in nasty conditions, especially considering its a 2.3 ton lump. Clearance in lift mode is not too shabby either. I worried we would miss the pros of an SUV, but apart from egress in heavy winter clothing (a bit narrow) this car delivers. Also thought Id miss lane keep assist as Ive had it on my previous cars and enjoyed it, but the steering on the Taycan is so precise and stable that I dont miss it.

We spoiled ourselves with Olea leather (meranti) was wifes choice, a little dark but practical. Not my favourite but she loves it so I dont complain

Was lucky and got Burmester. Actually quite good although a little harsh in the upper mid range (hope it will improve over time) and as in most car audio you need to keep the volume down as everything rattles below 80Hz. Whish there was a separate level and/or roll-off adjustment for the Sub.

PCM far better than expected, and the touch screens actually works OK as both bottom and central screens have provisions for palm rest

Things I would add / change:
If ordering again I think I would be happy with a base CT, as 0-100 is not really of interest to me and as I understand once rolling the base is very similar. The wife insisted on the meranti Olea and glass roof but if up to me Id skip both. The money saved would be used on:

* 4 zone climate as you can adjust footwell temp. Nice in winter boots
* Would really consider 14 way seats and added massage
* racetex headliner, not sure of B pillars (I like racetex)
* would really consider PDCC. Would have to try it, but as brilliant this car drives - if they can put more magic into it Im all in
* 21' CT wheels for summer
* Night vision

Although not a perfect spec when looking back, we dont really regret any options we chose, and dont really miss any. Everything is in the "nice to have" category, not must have

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Pics or it didn't happen

* Navigation sucks, but that is very much depending on location. For my area it is way behind BMW and Google, however much better once I turned off the "AI" or anything related to charging planning, and rather handle that manually
You'll want to put your charging stops in the navigation. Its the only way the car will pre-condition the battery for fast charging.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Pics or it didn't happen

You'll want to put your charging stops in the navigation. Its the only way the car will pre-condition the battery for fast charging.
Yes I do but manually. Problem is when I want to use one not already in the Porsche map as its just registered as a stop, not a charger. Dont know if its a work around for that. Find it weird also that preheating cannot be initiated manually

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Great review! and especially confirming the golf club situation 😂🤣 very important!

6 weeks more wait for mine.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Congrats on your new ride, it’s fascinating to see how pretty much every new Taycan owner is blown away by this car.
I’m with you on the “rear camera” thing, especially having come from a Model S where the rear camera is like 65” TV compared to the Taycan, but I got used to the fish eye, it’s a lot better considering you get 360 view of the car and it also warns you if there’s a car coming.

I’m also very saddened by the fact that this car is available with less and less features - No Bose, No Burmester, now the steering column is manual, also VLC is almost impossible to order and that’s because VAG is dependent on Ukrainian wires.

Give us some pics!