Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Whenever I see car reviewers like these who know nothing about the technical aspect of an EV, I'm always a little skeptical.

These guys clearly don't know how regenerative braking works on the Taycan and lists the lack of one pedal driving as a fault lol. Taycan has one of the most powerful regen braking systems out there with peak regen over 250kw. Teslas max out around 70kw 😂

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I agree it’s not the most informed review, more of a passing note of a write-up really. And the comment about the brake feel is a bit of an odd one, surely they should know it blends regeneration and actual braking?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Aren't the changes mentioned included in the update or even already present in late 2022 models.

My 2022 has the colored icons from factory and already has the front engine uncoupling.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yeah AFAIK all these updates happened to all cars with the big software update.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Aren't the changes mentioned included in the update or even already present in late 2022 models.

My 2022 has the colored icons from factory and already has the front engine uncoupling.
What is front engine uncoupling please?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
What is front engine uncoupling please?
during cruising if the vehicle determines you do not need the power or traction of the front motor it will "uncouple" it allowing the wheels to 'free' wheel - this lowers power demand on the battery and increases range…

Porsche is learning that when it comes to EV efficiency it's a thousand little things that increase range instead of any one big thing…(you can see this in the Macan brief'ing they are doing).

as to if/when/how one of the axel motors is "decoupled" that's under the control of the porsche driving software and is done automatically when circumstances allow it.

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
For me the automatic-recuperation (Button left: "A") is the highlight of the Porsche braking-philosophie:
The green ring on middle-display gives you all variants to regenerate energy....... very nice! :like:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
during cruising if the vehicle determines you do not need the power or traction of the front motor it will "uncouple" it allowing the wheels to 'free' wheel - this lowers power demand on the battery and increases range…

Porsche is learning that when it comes to EV efficiency it's a thousand little things that increase range instead of any one big thing…(you can see this in the Macan brief'ing they are doing).

as to if/when/how one of the axel motors is "decoupled" that's under the control of the porsche driving software and is done automatically when circumstances allow it.
Cool thanks for clarifying

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Whenever I see car reviewers like these who know nothing about the technical aspect of an EV, I'm always a little skeptical.

These guys clearly don't know how regenerative braking works on the Taycan and lists the lack of one pedal driving as a fault lol. Taycan has one of the most powerful regen braking systems out there with peak regen over 250kw. Teslas max out around 70kw 😂
One pedal driving?! Are you freaking kidding me?! As far as driving characteristics go, one pedal driving is the worst. That crap only belongs on golf carts. Porsche hit it on the spot to blend regen and mechanical braking.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agree 100%. You can keep that one pedal driving and toss it in the trash can. It does not feel natural and it does not take a rocket scientist to understand that drag vs. coasting burns more energy. Keep up the good work Porsche. Regen on braking is the way to go!

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Btw does someone know how to assess that the decoupling is actually working ?

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Btw does someone know how to assess that the decoupling is actually working ?
The power distribution screen on the central display. When driving constant speed no power goes to the front wheels.
Sponsored