refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Another thing i noticed - there seems to be no way to delete the side door "electric" designation, anyone is able to find how to delete that? in the old configurator it used to be an "opt-in" option

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
The other odd thing, InnoDrive requires sports package, any idea why? first gen doesn't have this requirement..
1707346574279.png
The heated steering wheel is also requires Sport Chrono.

Poppi

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
amg c43 cabrio. Cayenne. Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
so glad I got this before they dropped Cherry Metallic red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also noticed that the US version refers to the sedan as a "Sports Limousine" which is pretty damned funny. I suspect somebody in web dev was doing using a bad German - English translator.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
I also noticed that the US version refers to the sedan as a "Sports Limousine" which is pretty damned funny. I suspect somebody in web dev was doing using a bad German - English translator.
They have in the past defined it as a limousine. Which is good for window tinting in Minnesota. Passenger cars are limited to 50% tint on all windows. Trucks, and limousines can have arbitrarily dark tint behind the driver. That let us tint the rear windows a bit more so it's just that much harder to casually look in the back to see what goodies are in there.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
The standard steering wheel is heated. There are options for sport/GT wheels, only available with Sport Chrono (as before).
I thought I’d read that the standard wheel now is now heated and has the drive mode knob (used require Sport Chrono), but you have to get Sport Chrono to get Push-to-Pass.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I thought I’d read that the standard wheel now is now heated and has the drive mode knob (used require Sport Chrono), but you have to get Sport Chrono to get Push-to-Pass.
Correct, but @DougFrisk stated the 'heated' aspect of the wheel requires SportChrono (it doesn't).

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
It does sound amusing, but it’s just a terminology / lost in translation thing, it only means sedan. I get the same thing with BMWs sometimes when looking at tech docs or parts catalogs.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Correct, but @DougFrisk stated the 'heated' aspect of the wheel requires SportChrono (it doesn't).
Because I didn't realize that the heated wheel is now standard. As I was trying to replicate our current build there was no heated wheel option, which we paid $280 for. Somehow, I just couldn't imagine Porsche not having everything a la carte and actually including that with the base build.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Because I didn't realize that the heated wheel is now standard. As I was trying to replicate our current build there was no heated wheel option, which we paid $280 for. Somehow, I just couldn't imagine Porsche not having everything a la carte and actually including that with the base build.
Yup, same here. Upon seeing the list of standard equipment of the Macan EV, I felt a bit shortchanged. But, on the balance, a post-refresh Taycan configured exactly as mine is still ~10k more expensive, so 🤷‍♂️

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Has anybody be able to save a configuration on the US website? I keep getting an "We are not able to save your configuration at the moment Please try again later" error.
I had the same problem.
Sponsored