r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I did the 20K service myself including the brake flush. My dealer refuses to reset the service interval since they didn't do the work. My car is in for the big software update. I'm hoping that activity might reset the service interval....

UPDATE: I paid for an inspection on my car which resulted in reset of the service reminder. I had to show proof I bought brake fluid used in the flush. $179 total. I need new rear tires after 23K miles on 19"all season Goodyear. The current crop of service reset tools don't seem to work on the Taycan yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shane L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have a bottle of the Porsche concentrate, you mix it with distilled water.

It's $14.95 on Suncoast and will last you years and years.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/00004400204.html

Wiper blades, $42:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku9j1wiper.html

Pollen filter, $69.95:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/9j1pollen.html

All this is easy and I plan to do it all myself before the "20K service."
That knocks $49.46 off the parts cost, and perhaps one labor unit as well.
Just bought a CPO 2022 GTS here in Dallas. My 2-year comes up in April, no way I want to pay the $800 for this either...ugh. Do you know of any shops in DFW area that are doing lower cost 2-year/20K inspections of Taycan's? I never took my Mercedes AMG to dealer for 1-year/10K service, always used independent local shops and saved 50%

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was quoted $900 and asked to see the breakdown. 2 items that had me shaking my head were listed. Clear sunroof track and clean fuel injector. No lie! I don't want to call out the "stealer"ship as they said it was a mistake and they would edit their services.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does this from OP mean the emergency call system has its own battery?
Porsche Taycan 20K Mile Service Completed. Breakdown of Items Performed & Cost 1693740190694

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
o_O Think I will skip the dealer and do it myself, or find another non-dealer shop that can verify services done. Right to repair seems good here.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
So some time has passed - has anyone found a diag tool that can rest the Taycan service interval yet?

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
The pollen filter only lasts 2 years? My Dyson, which almost runs 24/7 for half a year during hayfever season lasts 3 years…

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
It‘s a remarkably short list for a 20k mile service. The parts list is tiny. Hopefully this is a sign of the longevity of our Taycans!
Apart from tyres, $3600 for 100,000 miles in a Porsche is a relative bargain.

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
Read through the thread. Funny. Couple things to add for reference:
1. Yes, Porsche states that the warranty may be voided if you do not perform the maintenance intervals, but there's nothing in the disclosure that states the maintenance MUST be done by a Porsche dealer. In other words, they can't refuse to honor their warranty because they cannot prove otherwise.

2. My younger brother still works at Porsche. Younger sounds likes he in junior high. The guy is 43. Anyways, he argues that when an issue is found, it is certainly worth the exorbitant cost of the maintenance; however, he has agreed that for what they have to do, the Porsche service centers make the greatest margin on inspections and maintenance checks. Funny enough, the Porsche service center folks call it the "sucker" checks.

3. Average annual maintenance over a 5 year period is roughly about $4,200 for a Taycan driven 12,000 miles a year. The largest items being brakes, rotors and tires. Mostly everything else is covered by warranty. Once you get past the 4 year warranty, you're screwed. LOL

turismo949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the information. I bet my dealer in LA charges over $1k
i am going to skip the inspection and do myself.
I just left South Bay who quoted me $1500 for this exactly saying it’s been 2 years, even though I’m at 11k miles vs 20k.

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
so I'm unclear on all of this, hoping someone can clarify. My 2022 Taycan has about 5K miles on it - I ony drive it 6 months a year when I'm in Asheville where I garage it.

1. When MUST I get it serviced?

2. how can I find out what are the mandatory service items so that I can shop around to have them performed by someone other than Porsche dealer?

3. Are there restrictions on who can perform those services in order to not void the car warranty?
Sponsored