IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Wow, this is an incredibly valuable service. I mean inspecting the seatbelts and horn functions! Thankfully Porsche is all over it, averting life threatening disasters.

What an utter crapload. When you reach the service interval the Taycan flashes a informational note? Is it possible to reset (or disable that) by yourself?
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
What an utter crapload. When you reach the service interval the Taycan flashes a informational note? Is it possible to reset (or disable that) by yourself?
Nope! Only the dealer can do it.

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
This forum: "While I buy one of the highest-performance vehicles on the planet, I want to dip my complimentary cookie into my free frothy Illy latte as I gaze through 30 ft high glass windows into a service shop where highly experienced techs have the knowledge to diagnose every problem and fix it right the first time. It's joyful to see how much room they have to work in such a spotless environment. The techs are so personally clean and deliberate that I just know they won't leave so much as a scent of grease on my new chalk leather."

Also this forum: "Why does it cost so much?"

Schizos

Last edited:

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
They should have paid you for having your car for four hours and basically doing nothing!
… except taking it out for a drive at your expense!

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Careful, they may use it as excuse to invalidate your warranty on the HV battery!!
seriously, if an owner skips this service, can Porsche invalidate the warranty on battery or any other part of the car??

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
For those of you coming up to your 20,000 mile service, I just had mine completed on my MY20 Taycan Turbo (purchased May 2020), in addition to the WNA5 and AMC1 updates, as well as new tires. Below is the printout for the entries related just to the 20K service so you can see what's involved for our EVs.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 5.14.42 PM.png
Not bad for a Porsche!!! Checking horn and seat belts seem a little too anal!

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
seriously, if an owner skips this service, can Porsche invalidate the warranty on battery or any other part of the car??
To an extent, yes, flat-out ignoring a required service or doing it yourself creates a pretty low barrier to them blowing you out of your warranty claim. Not the same as going to a trained 3rd party shop.

Your question mentions the battery and this 20k service includes a check of the coolant system and fluid (yes, this exists, take the plastic cover off in the frunk). Can you see them saying "your battery has failed due to heat. Earlier in our conversation you mentioned that you did the service yourself, can you run through the process by which you determined that the coolant system was operating to spec and describe the service you performed on said system?"

Good luck answering that one unless you have the workshop manual.

Porsche Taycan 20K Mile Service Completed. Breakdown of Items Performed & Cost Screenshot_20220509-143410

Porsche Taycan 20K Mile Service Completed. Breakdown of Items Performed & Cost Screenshot_20220509-143130

Last edited:

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Was somewhat tongue in cheek!

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was somewhat tongue in cheek!
Maybe. My informal studies show that 2 out of 10 people can be made to believe that you'll get more mileage when you seasonally replace your tire's Winter air with Summer air.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
For those of you coming up to your 20,000 mile service, I just had mine completed on my MY20 Taycan Turbo (purchased May 2020), in addition to the WNA5 and AMC1 updates, as well as new tires. Below is the printout for the entries related just to the 20K service so you can see what's involved for our EVs.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 5.14.42 PM.png
Thanks for the information. I bet my dealer in LA charges over $1k
i am going to skip the inspection and do myself.

Mark3575

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne, '99 911, '98 911
Country flag
Not bad for a Porsche!!! Checking horn and seat belts seem a little too anal!

Good to know what is involved. A bit pricy, but at least you know it will be done correctly and with genuine Porsche parts. Thanks!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Maybe. My informal studies show that 2 out of 10 people can be made to believe that you'll get more mileage when you seasonally replace your tire's Winter air with Summer air.
Is that because the airs warmer and keeps the rubber softer?