HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For those of you coming up to your 20,000 mile service, I just had mine completed on my MY20 Taycan Turbo (purchased May 2020), in addition to the WNA5 and AMC1 updates, as well as new tires. Below is the printout for the entries related just to the 20K service so you can see what's involved for our EVs.

Porsche Taycan 20K Mile Service Completed. Breakdown of Items Performed & Cost Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 5.14.42 PM
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Wow, they’re really stretching it there. No wonder my F&I guy couldn’t tell me what was in the prepaid maintenance until/unless I bought it. He was prolly embarrassed.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
did you get all 4 new tires at 20K , and if so how much did they cost and what size /which wheels do you have?

and why do they list customer requested a 20K mile servoce check. I think my first servce is due in july. I currently have 13K miles on my 4 s with 21 mission e wheels and ceramic brakes

Allegedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender, '22 Ford Bronco, '22 Tayc
Country flag
Wow, they’re really stretching it there. No wonder my F&I guy couldn’t tell me what was in the prepaid maintenance until/unless I bought it. He was prolly embarrassed.
My F&I guy started at $1800 for 4 years. I said no.

He went to $1060 for 2 years. I said no.

He then offered 2 years at $641. I asked how much they charge for the actual service if I call down now... $740.

For $641 I bought it. It's a list of unnecessary BS except for brake fluid of course but I also have a feeling its going to be more than $740 for that service 2 years from now.

Last edited:

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
My guy said that the majority of the cost was "Preventing the tech from getting electrocuted".....I'm at 32,000 miles and not a single issue. I may skip the next service. I can do inspections in my own garage without dying. :)

PS, my 20K service was the same price.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As long as my indie can get it up on the lift without cracking the battery, I’m pretty sure he can change the brake fluid.

And I’m always sure to top up my windshield washer fluid with the good stuff beforehand to avoid the dealer tainting it with their blue food-coloring water.

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Does the Taycans 2 year service really require 4 hours of labor? Sounds like that’s the major cost

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Methinks Porsche had to come up with something to shut down the dealers grousing about the Taycan not having any service pull-through. Little did they know that there would be beaucoups of warranty/TSB work to clog up their service bays. But of course, that’s not as lucrative as “retail” hours & parts. Not to mention “shop supplies”.

After the Model S came out, Tesla also had “service intervals” and sold prepaid maintenance until people (including, I think, Tesla) figured out that there wasn’t much to do in these cars besides a subset of the ICE wear items, like brake fluid, wipers, tires (LOTS of tires), alignments, etc. IIRC they ditched the prepaid offers and cut back on the service “requirements” for the M3 to the essentials, and maybe a coolant flush & replace after lots of miles/years.

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
It‘s a remarkably short list for a 20k mile service. The parts list is tiny. Hopefully this is a sign of the longevity of our Taycans!
Sponsored