BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Looks an utter p*** take, especially in the context of what some UK service centres have been quoting on other threads. Jack it up, have a look underneath. Take it for a spin round the block and see if it works. Fill up the washer fluids, change the wiper blades which are probably fine and make a cup of tea and put feet up.

Oh, and remember to check the horn LOL.

I bet doing the pollen filter and washer fluid yourself will save you on 'parts' but i also doubt they'll knock some labour time off the bill.

It's an MOT check basically isn't it, which should be about £50 - not £1k some owners have encountered.
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Looks an utter p*** take, especially in the context of what some UK service centres have been quoting on other threads. Jack it up, have a look underneath. Take it for a spin round the block and see if it works. Fill up the washer fluids, change the wiper blades which are probably fine and make a cup of tea and put feet up.

Oh, and remember to check the horn LOL.

I bet doing the pollen filter and washer fluid yourself will save you on 'parts' but i also doubt they'll knock some labour time off the bill.

It's an MOT check basically isn't it, which should be about £50 - not £1k some owners have encountered.
I just said exactly the same thing to the wife...MOT is more in depth and for £50!!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I am going to change my Taycan every 2 years to avoid the feeling of being violated!
I just checked my other cars service schedule. It was free with car!
On target as done 10,000 miles in 2 years for 8 years free servicing.
Different approaches from different parts of the VAG group….

Porsche Taycan 20K Mile Service Completed. Breakdown of Items Performed & Cost 6E6803FC-1E7C-4979-A2BB-01CCEF5A8C78

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I am going to change my Taycan every 2 years to avoid the feeling of being violated!....
I agree 100%. My CT4 is only six months old and I already have deposits on two more EVs. Hoping one of them will be available at close to the 20K mile mark.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Wow…you guys are nicer on here than on the Facebook Group. I put the info out on how much my service costed me, bc some folks were asking, and they made me feel like a total ass and attacked me for paying about the same price (about a hundred more) the OP paid.

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
did you get all 4 new tires at 20K , and if so how much did they cost and what size /which wheels do you have?

and why do they list customer requested a 20K mile servoce check. I think my first servce is due in july. I currently have 13K miles on my 4 s with 21 mission e wheels and ceramic brakes
Yes, got all 4 tires replaced. I was shocked to get to 20K miles on the tires (although I probably should have replaced them at 15K). My 911 had me replacing tires every 10K miles. I also have the 21" Mission E Wheels. Tires are Continental ProContact RX. Front tires are 265/35R 21 and cost $321 each and rear tires are 305/30R 21 and cost $432 each. Total for tires, balance and wheel weights was $1,910 and $565 for alignment.

My dealer always seems to list every service request as "customer requested . . ." But maybe because I actually have 19K miles on the car and since my car was in for the WNA5 update, I didn't want to go back after just 1,000 miles to have the service done.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Careful, they may use it as excuse to invalidate your warranty on the HV battery!!
That is why it is worth it for me to just take it in and pay the service. Then there is no excuse to invalidate my warranty. $725 of warranty service over two years for a $125K vehicle doesn't seem bad to me.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
That is why it is worth it for me to just take it in and pay the service. Then there is no excuse to invalidate my warranty. $725 of warranty service over two years for a $125K vehicle doesn't seem bad to me.
Yep. How would you feel about double that? - That's what some of the UK main dealers are quoting. 1 thing is the money, the 2nd thing is basically the feeling of being treated as a mug, by someone you just spent $125k with - that's harder to quantify.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yep. How would you feel about double that? - That's what some of the UK main dealers are quoting. 1 thing is the money, the 2nd thing is basically the feeling of being treated as a mug, by someone you just spent $125k with - that's harder to quantify.
For me it’s about breaking the cycle. I’ve always hated the service events on my Porsches. Partly due to the car being away and partly due to the cost.

I always kept up with them though because I loved the cars and wanted to keep them healthy.

When the Taycan came out, avoiding service was a big part of the purchase decision for me. Finally a Porsche I can enjoy without taking it into the shop regularly!

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I never once take my 911 in for service and did it all on my own. I had to take it two or three times for a warranty claim, and never had an issue. I kept all of my receipts for the parts I purchased, but they never even asked for them.
Sponsored