atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Air? Who still uses air? Dealer tried to pawn off some old nitrogen on me, but I demanded they throw in Porsche Tequipment argon at dealer cost.
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
We're at 14k km after a year and a half of ownership. 16k until service. We knew about the Porsche tax coming in... Hopefully they do more here in Norway.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I dont get what the fuss is about - checking everything is standard practice and documented on every porsche. I run through this every year on my 993 - once the horn had one of the wires broken for the low side, so it was actually useful :) And you dont want to be in an accident and find out that your seat belt had an issue. Its a quick visual check and keeps these machines in tip top shape :)

phil.

phil-c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Lotus elise s2 111s
Country flag
Hello everyone

me, I just got out of the 30,000 km maintenance and I paid 881 euros in belgium

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
832 euro in the Netherlands including wiper blades change. Very low running cost for 30k kilometer. Okay I had to switch tires at 16k and they are due again.

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Sorry if this was asked, so in order to reset service interval, you need to go to the dealer, correct?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Sorry if this was asked, so in order to reset service interval, you need to go to the dealer, correct?
Just need the equipment to reset the schedule. I'm sure as time goes on, more diagnostic tools makers will have support for the taycan for resets. I suspect you need to have a PIWIS at this point for service resets.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
My dealer was "MSRP" but tacked on the 2yr/20k prepaid service for around what OP paid. Also had doc fees that were a bit rich at ~$500. So a lot closer to a $1.2k markup really, since I knew going in the 20k service didn't provide really anything for the money. But alas, guess I should feel fortunate to have a build slot for this year

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
For those of you coming up to your 20,000 mile service, I just had mine completed on my MY20 Taycan Turbo (purchased May 2020), in addition to the WNA5 and AMC1 updates, as well as new tires. Below is the printout for the entries related just to the 20K service so you can see what's involved for our EVs.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 5.14.42 PM.png
My 21 is due for service in December of this year so thanks for posting this.Pretty expensive in terms of labor but around here in south florida the labor cost per hour is north of 2200 dollars an hour at the dealer

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Must be kidding or you added a zero !

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For those of you coming up to your 20,000 mile service, I just had mine completed on my MY20 Taycan Turbo (purchased May 2020), in addition to the WNA5 and AMC1 updates, as well as new tires. Below is the printout for the entries related just to the 20K service so you can see what's involved for our EVs.

You are getting off easy, just have mine in for recalls and inspection at 2 year point and they want $1500 for 20k service. MY20 Turbo only has 10k miles, think I will wait till next year at best!.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
You are getting off easy, just have mine in for recalls and inspection at 2 year point and they want $1500 for 20k service. MY20 Turbo only has 10k miles, think I will wait till next year at best!.
I would absolutely challenge that. We know the services and labor units performed.

I am so tired of being ripped off in the Porsche service bay over the years! :mad:

It took me far too long to realize the service shop is a sales shop just like the front of the house is.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That is why it is worth it for me to just take it in and pay the service. Then there is no excuse to invalidate my warranty. $725 of warranty service over two years for a $125K vehicle doesn't seem bad to me.
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits product manufacturers from conditioning consumer warranties on the use of any original equipment part or service.

As we should be protected from this kind of thing!

Most of these parts are sourced anyway! Porsche doesn't make filters or oil, or tires, or brake pads etc. You are not required to go to them to service your vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits product manufacturers from conditioning consumer warranties on the use of any original equipment part or service.
Well that clinches it. I am absolutely going to do all of the "service" myself except for the brake flush, and will bring it in for that + reset the service indicators.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag

Pricing is close to Tesla Model S 2-year scheduled service (at least the last time we had it performed in 2019).