PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I talked to a Porsche dealer today regarding getting the 21" Taycan Exclusive Design wheels with winter tires, and he said that Porsche currently haven’t approved any 21” rims/tires solution for winter use for the Taycan.

A solution however would be to buy the 21” rims and find some winter tires that are approved for electric vehicles. The winter tires should have “ELECT” and “XL” printed on the side.

Has anyone found these in the correct size?

(265/35/21 and 305/30/21)
Sponsored

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
I talked to a Porsche dealer today regarding getting the 21" Taycan Exclusive Design wheels with winter tires, and he said that Porsche currently haven’t approved any 21” rims/tires solution for winter use for the Taycan.

A solution however would be to buy the 21” rims and find some winter tires that are approved for electric vehicles. The winter tires should have “ELECT” and “XL” printed on the side.

Has anyone found these in the correct size?

(265/35/21 and 305/30/21)
I have the 21" Exclusive wheels and my dealer told me the winter tyres are available for these so will get a quote this week and let you know

OP
OP
PerPower

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the 21" Exclusive wheels and my dealer told me the winter tyres are available for these so will get a quote this week and let you know
Thanks - sounds good

OP
OP
PerPower

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, did you get any info from your dealer? :)

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They promised a quotation by the end of the week but nothing came. Will push on Monday and as soon as I have it will post
[/QUOTE

Winter tyres are Michelin as below

W265/35R21 101V Michelin PA5
W305/30R21 104V Michelin PA5

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For info front tyre approx $470 each and rear approx $525 each

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
For info front tyre approx $470 each and rear approx $525 each
Wow that was not cheap!

I have a question though? Do you really want such wide tyres for winter? I would have preferred to have much narrower tyres and perhaps only 19 Or 20 inch wheels. You would in my view have better grip in snow and ice with a narrower tyre?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Wow that was not cheap!

I have a question though? Do you really want such wide tyres for winter? I would have preferred to have much narrower tyres and perhaps only 19 Or 20 inch wheels. You would in my view have better grip in snow and ice with a narrower tyre?
If you have either of the brake upgrades, you can’t use 19” wheels.

I have the 20” Winter wheel/tire set from Porsche. Worked great in Maine and across Canada last winter.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Wow that was not cheap!

You will always have better winter grip with a narrower tire, and I got the winter tires with the 20" Techquipment design winter wheel and tire set for that reason, and because I didn't want them changing out tires on the mission E wheels. I think the Techquipment wheels look very nice, and they will definitely be better with any ice and snow. I went with the same size 255,295 winter wheels/tires as the stock summer wheels/tires for one season on my Panamera and it was pretty bad in the snow, so I switched to the smaller wheels and narrower tires.

Cleansweep

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera gts Range Rover autobiography bmw 840ci sport
Country flag
You will always have better winter grip with a narrower tire, and I got the winter tires with the 20" Techquipment design winter wheel and tire set for that reason, and because I didn't want them changing out tires on the mission E wheels. I think the Techquipment wheels look very nice, and they will definitely be better with any ice and snow. I went with the same size 255,295 winter wheels/tires as the stock summer wheels/tires for one season on my Panamera and it was pretty bad in the snow, so I switched to the smaller wheels and narrower tires.
I asked about these and the rears were n rated approved by Porsche but the fronts are not n rated so I wonder were Porsche would stand for warranty purposes anyone’s thoughts

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow that was not cheap!

I have the 20” turbo wheels I bought with the car but to be honest for me it is all about the looks. I drive 5 miles to the office and back. Hate the turbo wheels but love the 21” exclusive wheels. Worst case scenario if the snow is bad I will take the Range Rover

OP
OP
PerPower

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the 20” turbo wheels I bought with the car but to be honest for me it is all about the looks. I drive 5 miles to the office and back. Hate the turbo wheels but love the 21” exclusive wheels. Worst case scenario if the snow is bad I will take the Range Rover
Same here regarding the looks. I’ll be using the winter wheels approximate 4-5 months of the year, and with almost no snow, only rain. I’ll also try to go for the 21” exclusive wheels as my winter setup. Only downside for me compared to a 20” setup would be the less range.

guarlian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
im also having the same issue 21 mission e wheels with no winter tires.i found 1 on pirelli sottozero 2 series perfect fit.when i talked tp porsche service they sad i need to buy only N spec tires(porsche approved or designd)othervise car garantue goes off and car start giving some errors.also they sad there is non n spec tires for 21 taycan wheels.dont know whats to do atm