21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it makes sense to just get them filled / touched up initially and then if they really do need a proper diamond cut job, do one just before you get rid of the car.

Reason being cost and limited number of diamond cuts on a single wheel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
If really picky, only thing is paint doesn’t quite give the shine of OEM diamond turned finish
Going to respectfully disagree with the learned gentlemen on this for the Aero Blades. There is so little alloy on show (5mm) and the silver paint does the job
Bet you could not find the repair!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If really picky, only thing is paint doesn’t quite give the shine of OEM diamond turned finish
Yea he din't paint it in the end... he's only buffed it until the shine came out. He said he will only paint if really need to, proper experienced guy.. just realised he works with major insurance company :) so glad it was him that did it. As its to pro standard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think it makes sense to just get them filled / touched up initially and then if they really do need a proper diamond cut job, do one just before you get rid of the car.

Reason being cost and limited number of diamond cuts on a single wheel.
You're right thats what porsche would have done.. so yea minor scratches and scuff is fine with buffing it out it seems 🙂

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Going to respectfully disagree with the learned gentlemen on this for the Aero Blades. There is so little alloy on show (5mm) and the silver paint does the job
Bet you could not find the repair!
I probably couldn’t 😅 just the inner wheels OCD in me thinking you can’t paint over diamond cut
You got lucky not to touch the carbon bits though!
Yea he din't paint it in the end... he's only buffed it until the shine came out. He said he will only paint if really need to, proper experienced guy.. just realised he works with major insurance company :) so glad it was him that did it. As its to pro standard
It’s amazing it was just a buff - makes me want to grab the sander and give it a go on a couple of rashes I have (disaster ahead I think). I have a £7 eBay color coded touch up kit - what could possibly go wrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Another alternative is to buy Rimblades or Allygaytor alloy wheel trim protectors.
Rimblades Rim Savers works best with diamond cut alloys.
I tried these before on an suv.. the glue
I probably couldn’t 😅 just the inner wheels OCD in me thinking you can’t paint over diamond cut

It’s amazing it was just a buff - makes me want to grab the sander and give it a go on a couple of rashes I have (disaster ahead I think). I have a £7 eBay color coded touch up kit - what could possibly go wrong
You have some rashes too on your alloys? Care to share some photos? Seems the 21 inch+ is easier to get rashes on in my experience

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know who to call when it does!😁

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

I learnt my lesson.....
I bought an 'alloy wheel repair kit' once from Halford.
Rushed through the job and finished it...... Stepped back and it looked like a 2 year old child had mawled plasticine over my wheel.
Looked much, much worse than before I 'repaired' it.

I am now offerring the service at £199 per wheel if anyone is interested.

🤣

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
You have some rashes too on your alloys? Care to share some photos? Seems the 21 inch+ is easier to get rashes on in my experience
Sure - see below! They were like this when I bought the car a while ago - the P Zeros have no rim protection so very easy to damage, and visibility is rather terrible. Never got around to leave the car for days etc. so left unrepaired for now… but it should be easier to sand/touch up as they’re fully painted, not diamond cut!
My wife goes right against the curb a lot but the Hankooks on her car protrude so much it totally erased any marking on the tires walls, but fully protected the black rims!

Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! D995A6A2-3681-4E23-B4E2-D7A66D2A1A79
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! A112D9D7-2670-4DFC-A96A-60D5D9CD516C
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! 32044D9C-2E67-4C83-931C-6B612B6BB32B
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! E83290C2-6AF5-46CA-8608-83BF9FB9F79A

You know who to call when it does!😁
How far along the M4 would he travel? 👀
I learnt my lesson.....
I bought an 'alloy wheel repair kit' once from Halford.
Rushed through the job and finished it...... Stepped back and it looked like a 2 year old child had mawled plasticine over my wheel.
Looked much, much worse than before I 'repaired' it.

I am now offerring the service at £199 per wheel if anyone is interested.

🤣
I did that trying to spray paint a small corner of my 320d a few years back, as I found the £150 smart repair quote unjustified.
I applied way too much paint, in freezing January, and didn’t even fill the scratches properly. Turned out as ugly as it could have - like some sort of badly cut piece of wrap 🤪 Went back to the body shop - he said £250 as he now had to remove all the mess I had made 😅

DIY any bodywork stuff is usually a very bad idea. I’m just tempted on those wheels as 1) it’s not *technically* bodywork and 2) I obviously haven’t learnt any lesson from previous mistakes just yet

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How far along the M4 would he travel? 👀
You will have to ask Phil but he could make those brand new for a good price. Take the missus for a long weekend at a spa hotel in South Essex, South East London or North Kent. Get it sorted there

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Finally got round to claiming for the wheels I kerbed in a car park today. Let’s see how long they take to process it.

Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! D4829710-18F9-4041-BE04-91770D4F6620

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably a dent wizard franchise if a dealer arranged third party insurer. You will be in good hands.

OP
OP
gusone

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ARGGHHHH!!! After safely negotiating the Heathrow multi storey parking helter skelter ramps I go and get a lovely scragg at Bluewater. Time to call the Wheel Wizard Phil!
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! Screenshot_2023-06-27-15-22-40-522_com.miui.gallery

Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! Screenshot_2023-06-27-15-22-55-572_com.miui.gallery
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! Screenshot_2023-06-27-15-23-04-363_com.miui.gallery

Post sanding

Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! IMG_20230627_114031

Time to paint!

Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! IMG_20230627_114646
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! IMG_20230627_114947
Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! IMG_20230627_114953

Until next time!!!

Porsche Taycan 21" Aero Blades Kerb Scraggs (Curb Rash) Repaired - it happened again! 1687876548134