Abdullah

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thank you very much.. i am searching this answer all day... Becausr i change and i do not have any more wheel... I hope.. I will use wirtout problem... Other 21 wheel also will be red without PScB... and back side also it was small... So i was confused.. Thanks for these answer Wood
Sponsored

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
The 21/20 stagger will likely mess with the speedometer calibration of the car. I'd advise against it.
If you use the correct size 20 and 21, the overall circumference of the tires should be about the same and thus speed and distance would be same.
that’s why you don’t have to adjust anything if you change from you 21” summer tires/wheels to your 20” wintertires/wheels.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
If you use the correct size 20 and 21, the overall circumference of the tires should be about the same and thus speed and distance would be same.
that’s why you don’t have to adjust anything if you change from you 21” summer tires/wheels to your 20” wintertires/wheels.
Yes, I agree the circumference will be almost identical. However, when changing wheel sizes on all my other Porsches, I have to specify the wheel diameter to recalibrate the TPM sensors in the PCM menus. I have been told by my service advisor not to mix wheel sizes as it will screw things up.

I had a flat on my 20" wheels, and proposed to put my 19" winter on to drive it into the shop. He said NO WAY.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I think the reason you can’t get them without the PCSB is literally because they want you to spend more money as they knew a lot of people would go for the mission e wheels. I can’t see in any world why it would have any significant negative energy effect on the car. The only thing I can think of is that there will be an increased amount of brake dust on the caliper.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
The 21/20 stagger will likely mess with the speedometer calibration of the car. I'd advise against it.
As long as you keep the tire configuration to the same circonférence specifications as the standard setup you will be fine. I have stagered 21/22 and that looks and works great..... no problems with the TPMs on the Taycan

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the reason you can’t get them without the PCSB is literally because they want you to spend more money as they knew a lot of people would go for the mission e wheels. I can’t see in any world why it would have any significant negative energy effect on the car. The only thing I can think of is that there will be an increased amount of brake dust on the caliper.
the only negative energy effect is the wider tire that produces more drag and rolling resistance

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my question was : can we use 20 on front and 21 on rear ?
I am mad about the RS Spyder design 20/21 like a 911

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 08.38.27.png

Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 08.38.12.png
seize and stagger no problems but there might be a different bolt pattern between the 911 and the Taycan so you would proably get an aftermarket equivalent..... most third party manufacturers make this style wheel and call it a European race track name or similar.... think it was a BBS design originally.....

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
the only negative energy effect is the wider tire that produces more drag and rolling resistance
I was talking about the standard callipers not having a negative effect on efficiency.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
The car noticed I changed from 19” to mission E. And asked me wich wheel I have put on.

Abdullah

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I take out my 20 wheel
I buy new 21 inch with red brakes

I feel unconfortable and vibration... and little sound...

Porsche Taycan 21 inch wheels on 4S 20200821_150417

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
That looks amazing. Very nice setup. Love how the red brakes pop and draws attention the great looking wheels.

I think Porsche didn't want cars with the "smaller" brakes showing through open spoke 21" wheels. As long as the brakes are smaller than the wheels, you can put whatever size you like. I'm sure any Porsche parts department will be able to source them in all black. They're not on the Suncoast site, but just give them a call. I'm certain they can bring that over from Germany for you.

For sure it can be done, just can't go the other way, as the PSCB and PCCB won't fit inside 19" wheels. Just have to be OK with the look!

I'm surprised your service department won't service your car with aftermarket wheels on. In North America, this is not an issue at all.
Hey Chowster,

Did you have confirmation from the Canadian Porsche dealerships here that the mission E wheels on a 4S without the upgraded brakes are fine for warranty and service? Thanks.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Hey Chowster,

Did you have confirmation from the Canadian Porsche dealerships here that the mission E wheels on a 4S without the upgraded brakes are fine for warranty and service? Thanks.
@bosch88 - I do not have specific information about this setup, as I have Mission E wheels on my 4S with PSCB. However, I have changed wheels on all of my previous P-cars, OEM wheels and and aftermarket, original sizes and larger, without any issues or potential grief when in for service.

A quick phone call or email to your service advisor will solve this. I will try and remember to ask my SA about this tomorrow when I pick up my other car.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,

I posted pictures of a possible 21" wheel for the T4S here.

Cheers,
Henrik

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag