21" Winter wheels and tires for the Taycan turbo S - thinking of a square set up!

MSpec33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Good afternoon, last year, I passed on the winter wheels and tires because given the pandemic I had no plans to really go anywhere and was mostly a homebody. This winter, I am likely to make some trips to the slopes and was wondering if you guys can enlighten me on the snow tires and wheels aspect.

This is what I have been planning, Porsche Tech accessories website has the Mission E wheels and the Exclusive wheels in 21" with staggered set up with winter tires with 9.5" in the front and 11.5" wide in the rear - in my mind that is just too much rubber touching the road in the winter time!!!!

I know that staggered wheels and tires are a requirement for regular 911 (oversteer and all) but I am not convinced that I need staggered wheels with snow tires for the Taycan

I am planning on a winter set up with 21 x9.5" wheels with 60 offset (Same as the mission E wheels on my car) in all 4 corners and 265/35/21 or 255/4021 tires mounted on all 4 rims.

I do think that is going to clear CCBs and should work fine on hills, slopes and deep snow but although the fitment should be correct, its the overall fitment and a bit about the looks and stance, that I am worried about. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Have similar questions/thoughts, but my dealer recommended staggered wheels for winter.
He also suggested to take 19“ (the car is coming on 21” cross turismo wheels), or maybe 20”…as some kind of compromise between “driving characteristics and appearance…..”
Based on given prices (4700€ for 19”wheels, over 7500 for 20”), i’m asking, if you guys are using some 3rd party wheels, or originals only?

Last edited: