Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
221 Taycans were delivered in U.S. in Q1 2020. To date (including the first deliveries in December 2019), Porsche has delivered a total of 351 in the U.S.

"Among the model lines, first-quarter deliveries of the new, all-electric 2020 Taycan totaled 221 of the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S variants, in line with expectations as supply continues to ramp-up ahead of an anticipated launch of the 4S model in the second quarter. Deliveries are expected to grow amid strong demand in the U.S., which received the first Taycan cars worldwide in late December 2019. Supply is now being shared with other global markets as well."

Porsche Taycan 221 Taycans Delivered in U.S. in Q1 2020 screenshot-2020-04-03-porsche-reports-first-quarter-u-s-retail-deliveries-dr-ing-h-c-f-porsche
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Are they including all of the test drive vehicles for dealers in that number? If so, that's a really small number. Porsche has 189 dealers in the US, not all of whom have Taycans available to test drive.

OP
OP

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Are they including all of the test drive vehicles for dealers in that number? If so, that's a really small number. Porsche has 189 dealers in the US, not all of whom have Taycans available to test drive.
That's not clear. Here is the full press release:

Porsche Reports First Quarter U.S. Retail Deliveries

April 1, 2020

Atlanta, Georgia. Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) today announced a year-on-year decline in first quarter U.S. retail deliveries as the coronavirus pandemic slowed overall automotive sales. PCNA is the sole licensed importer and distributor of the Porsche 911, 718 Boxster and Cayman, Macan, Cayenne, Panamera and Taycan model lines. Retail deliveries by the 192 independently owned and operated U.S. dealers totaled 11,994 from January through March, down 20.2 percent from a year ago, after a record 2019 that marked a decade of sustained growth.

“PCNA has three clear priorities in these times: protecting the health of our staff, supporting the mobility needs of our customers, and helping our dealer partners remain vital economic contributors in their communities,” said Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of PCNA. “Amid near-term uncertainty, our goal is stability and assistance for all of our stakeholders. This will also prepare us to rebound all the more energetically when the time comes.”

As part of meeting its responsibilities, PCNA has successfully transitioned all employees to teleworking except for essential on-site support personnel, who are following CDC guidelines including social distancing. For customers and dealers, PCNA is making online vehicle sales more accessible and supporting both home delivery for new vehicles and home pick-up and drop-off for service appointments. In addition, Porsche Financial Services (PFS) is offering up to a six-month extension on lease contracts for all requests received through April 30, 2020.

PCNA is also using this time to support the wider community in its hometown. Starting next week, volunteer Porsche employee drivers will help the Atlanta Public Schools deliver meals to students at home who require nutrition assistance while the district is closed due to COVID-19.

Among the model lines, first-quarter deliveries of the new, all-electric 2020 Taycan totaled 221 of the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S variants, in line with expectations as supply continues to ramp-up ahead of an anticipated launch of the 4S model in the second quarter. Deliveries are expected to grow amid strong demand in the U.S., which received the first Taycan cars worldwide in late December 2019. Supply is now being shared with other global markets as well.

Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales in the U.S. totaled 5,827 vehicles from January through March, up 1.08 percent year-over-year.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
That's not clear. Here is the full press release:...
Hmm. Assuming on average one (1) Taycan per dealer for test drives (the two dealers in my area each have two each), that would mean only that there are only 22 Taycans in the US. Is it really possible that there are such a small number in the US?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hmm. Assuming on average one (1) Taycan per dealer for test drives (the two dealers in my area each have two each), that would mean only that there are only 22 Taycans in the US. Is it really possible that there are such a small number in the US?
I would not be surprised if this is the number. Porsche certainly doesn't give their 'demo' cars away to dealers for free, since the dealer is free to sell the car at any time, even before delivery. That would mean 22 Taycans plus what demo cars have been sold to customers. I'm guessing there are less than 100 on the road in the US.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I was told that each dealer had to maintain One Taycan as a Demo vehicle. Any other Demo cars they received could be sold to customers. My Dealership received two cars. That's why I have one.
To start, CARB State dealerships received two cars. Non-CARB state Dealerships received one car. That was the December deliveries. I have no information regarding the January deliveries (other than a Dealership GM stating that he "had more Demos coming in soon." That was back in February. In The Before Time.

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
My closest dealer (Orlando) told me that the dealership did not even own their demo that it was owned by PCNA and not available to sell. At least that was the story in January.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
My closest dealer (Orlando) told me that the dealership did not even own their demo that it was owned by PCNA and not available to sell. At least that was the story in January.
Same here in the UK. I was at my Porsche Dealership in London couple of weeks back and the one they had, a Turbo was only for show, not for sale and no test drives.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Same up north. No demos, or should I say they sold the demo!
Sponsored