First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Great write up. Thanks.

Interesting that orders placed now would possibly be fulfilled in Q2 next year....

Think I agree on all your views on the options, except the Pano roof (I have kids who will be in the back a lot) :)
I'm not sure how much attention to pay to some of these order/allocation systems. Whenever the SA lets me look, there's always the caveat that dates are "shifting all the time"...
From what other forum members are saying i'd say June 2023 at the earliest for a GTS ST ordered today. I've given up caring now. Just made it very clear i'd like mine ASAP. It now comes when it comes. Nothing else interests me right now so i'll wait
Sponsored

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
The SA told me that the actual recup didn't start to work until after 1000 miles. However, switching the function on with the steering wheel button definitely prevented the car from free-coasting. I'm not entirely sure what mechanically would be causing the car to slow down/"engine" break but it definitely does. Maybe the car was in fact benefitting from an amount of recup and the SA was misinformed
What he means is the recup via the brake pedal, which on mine didn't start until about 700 miles as it waits until it thinks your pads/disks are bedded in.

The button on the wheel switches the mode so that when you lift off it does very mild recup, nothing in comparison to when the brake is pressed however.

Is that from Nottingham Porsche or Sheffield? It looks like milky tea!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Also I hate the feel of the sun’s radiation on my head so have only had a glass roof on a car once - never again.
I had it on my previous cars... but they are not even close to Taycan's where the roof stays cold even under the sun.

I prefer brighter interior, that's why I selected pano roof since it even optically expands the volume of the cabin.
(I was testing it last hot summer and it was great)

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The SA told me that the actual recup didn't start to work until after 1000 miles.
It depends how you drive... mine started after something about 450 km.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Ride Height. Low is LOW. Encountered a few speed humps that I can usually breeze over but definitely had to raise the height. No problem though. A doddle with the single button on the main Dash Display.
Did you mean ride height is low in general compared to other cars that you just breeze over humps with, or do you have experience driving other non-GTS Taycans and feel the GTS rides even lower and has less clearance than other Taycans?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I am so pleased to see someone else that thinks like this, I thought I must be going mad the amount of people that have told me I need the Pano.

For me, it completely spoils the external aesthetics for any colour other than black, and you can't tell you have it when you are driving as it's behind your eyeline.

The only reason I was second-guessing not having it was that the salesman at Mid Sussex said they always struggle to sell second hand when they don't have a pano roof, for some reason.
Totally agree, I love the lines of the car without the pano roof - I skipped it. I brought this car for me, not the next guy so don’t care what options they would prefer :)

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The SA told me that the actual recup didn't start to work until after 1000 miles. However, switching the function on with the steering wheel button definitely prevented the car from free-coasting. I'm not entirely sure what mechanically would be causing the car to slow down/"engine" break but it definitely does. Maybe the car was in fact benefitting from an amount of recup and the SA was misinformed
Recup will be braking to an extent via the electric motors - that's why you were able to experience it - but no energy is put back into the batteries until a certain mileage is reached (< 1000 miles). Brake rotors provide most of the braking (stopping) in the early miles.

Coasting is actually preferable (in my experience) to harvest more miles than I've ever managed via recup.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
What he means is the recup via the brake pedal, which on mine didn't start until about 700 miles as it waits until it thinks your pads/disks are bedded in.
This is what I think is meant also. A delay in braking recup to bed the brakes.

Recup will be braking to an extent via the electric motors - that's why you were able to experience it - but no energy is put back into the batteries until a certain mileage is reached (< 1000 miles). Brake rotors provide most of the braking (stopping) in the early miles.
That doesn’t make sense. Recup is putting the energy back into the batteries. If you aren’t putting it back into the batteries, you aren’t “recup’ing”. You can regen without recup’ing, but there has to be a means of dissipating the energy, typically as heat. Hence my question about how else it would be dissipated.

But I think @Beardo is correct about the distinction between braking recup and overrun recup.

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Totally agree, I love the lines of the car without the roof - I skipped it. I brought this car for me, not the next guy so don’t care what options they would prefer :)
agree!! I have my GTS on order without the pano roof. Much prefer the aesthetics.

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
Great write up, thank you for taking the time.

Delivery Delays. My SA went through their order book and ordering/allocation system with me to show how bad it is at the moment. It's bad! Anything 911 Turbo and orders are nearly into 2025, during which time there will likely be facelifts etc.
Taycan GTS ordered today would be 2nd quarter 2023 (roughly)
Do you mind sharing which dealer this is with?

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Where does it go then?
From what I remember, in the first x miles of driving a new Taycan, recoup simply didn't work. Its like when you start in the morning and turn recoup on, it doesn't start working for a mile or so (from what I've read, this is to condition the mechanical brakes).
The same thing happens when the car is new: braking is mostly mechanical. Electric braking (regen or recoup) starts after some number of initial miles.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I'm currently running down a full charge of this GTS ST Demonstrator. Figured I'd share some thoughts...

IMG_5578.jpg

FC971AAB-77E7-4565-B898-7D50F110C0A4L0001.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5569.jpg

Comfort Access. I did find the car unlocking itself on a few occasions as I walked around and away from it, after having locked it. I'm sure this is just user error
It does that. In the end I discovered that the knuckle tap lock is the best way to stop it unlocking straight after locking. Using the fob it would unlock as I walked away.