NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For some reason I thought the heat pump option was only offered over seas. I don't remember being able to specify a heat pump when I configured my car about a year ago. I know I would have selected it had it been an option. Maybe it's buried as part of another option (e.g. rear climate controls, which I did not specify). Anyone know how to confirm if your car does or does not have it?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
For some reason I thought the heat pump option was only offered over seas. I don't remember being able to specify a heat pump when I configured my car about a year ago. I know I would have selected it had it been an option. Maybe it's buried as part of another option (e.g. rear climate controls, which I did not specify). Anyone know how to confirm if your car does or does not have it?
Not sure how you can confirm if it is in the car or not apart from your code and invoice.
It was and still is an option under e- mobility, where you can specify the different cables etc

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just checked on the configurator for US Turbo - nothing there in the e-mobility section. It could be that some other option combination I've selected either includes it or precludes it so I don't see the option.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just checked on the configurator for US Turbo - nothing there in the e-mobility section. It could be that some other option combination I've selected either includes it or precludes it so I don't see the option.
I think the heat pump is standard in the UK and the US - it is definitely standard in the UK. It'll be under the standard equipment list if it is. Whether the heat pump has actually been installed though, I have no idea how you would check that.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Check under the standard equipment since I think it was included in the US as standard. I miss that option, especially going up to the Alps, when Covid allows

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The list for standard equipment on the Canadian website says Auxiliary heat pump for more efficient climate conditioning under the E equipment section. I shouldn't think the US would be different.

And so you know how it works. From the Press Kit Technology Workshop booklet.

A heat pump is optionally available. It uses the waste heat from the powertrain to efficiently heat
the vehicle interior. At outside temperatures below 20 degrees Celsius and with activated air conditioning,
the heat pump helps to save energy and has a positive effect on the range

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I thought the Heat Pump was included as standard in the US, unlike in certain other markets. If it is not, my bad.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I've had the car for 66 hours, performance battery 189 miles on the odo, doing a second charge to 85%, and so far it has only shown around 175 of range @100%.
I hope it improves and that I wasn't fooled by all the reports 250+ miles of range

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had the car for 66 hours, performance battery 189 miles on the odo, doing a second charge to 85%, and so far it has only shown around 175 of range @100%.
I hope it improves and that I wasn't fooled by all the reports 250+ miles of range
It's a little unclear. Do you have the big battery or the little battery. That will mainly determine your range. Also don't put too much reliance on the indicated range at the start. The car will recalculate as it learns about your trip.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
It was my own experience that the projected range improved dramatically during the first weeks and even months of ownership. That improvement actually happened in two stages: 1) the first 500 or so miles Regeneration is not yet active to allow the brakes to bed in, and thereafter 2) the system seems to gradually account for your real-world driving style and consumption which almost always improves upon the initial assumptions the algorithm comes with.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
It's a little unclear. Do you have the big battery or the little battery. That will mainly determine your range. Also don't put too much reliance on the indicated range at the start. The car will recalculate as it learns about your trip.
the performance battery is the larger one

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
It was my own experience that the projected range improved dramatically during the first weeks and even months of ownership. That improvement actually happened in two stages: 1) the first 500 or so miles Regeneration is not yet active to allow the brakes to bed in, and thereafter 2) the system seems to gradually account for your real-world driving style and consumption which almost always improves upon the initial assumptions the algorithm comes with.
thanks I was hoping for that to be the case.

Tyny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s+
Country flag
Question. What tire pressure do you have? Big impact on range? I have 20" snow tires, pressure about 42psi at 10c.
Sponsored