mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Sigh...

I always thought my range at 80-85% was pretty low (between 180-190miles). Rarely do I ever hit 200miles at 85% SoC. I recently went in for service and asked for battery SoH. 85% SoH with a little over 28k miles. I mainly L2 charge, rarely DC charge.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Sigh...

I always thought my range at 80-85% was pretty low (between 180-190miles). Rarely do I ever hit 200miles at 85% SoC. I recently went in for service and asked for battery SoH. 85% SoH with a little over 28k miles. I mainly L2 charge, rarely DC charge.
That is too low. Take your battery down to 10-15% charge and let it sit overnight and see if you throw any error codes. That's what they had to do with mine, and they found 2 bad cells.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
That is too low. Take your battery down to 10-15% charge and let it sit overnight and see if you throw any error codes. That's what they had to do with mine, and they found 2 bad cells.
Was it a code that was noticeable to you like on the dash, or did the dealer have to hook up and run diagnostics?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Interesting. When I picked my car up last winter it was showing some larger number, but pretty quick settled to between 180 and 200 at 85%. Sitting at 186 miles right now. I have never seen any battery error codes pop up, even at low SoC, though to be fair I almost never get to 10%.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was it a code that was noticeable to you like on the dash, or did the dealer have to hook up and run diagnostics?
I just spoke with the service manager, and if the car has a bad cell, it will show up at the 10-20% level and the car will indicate an error on the dash that there is a problem with the battery. Interesting that they didn't have any diagnostics that they could run other than driving the car down to below 20%.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. When I picked my car up last winter it was showing some larger number, but pretty quick settled to between 180 and 200 at 85%. Sitting at 186 miles right now. I have never seen any battery error codes pop up, even at low SoC, though to be fair I almost never get to 10%.
I'm at about the same numbers as you at 85%, and they have double and triple checked the battery, and all cells are good. I'm at 92.6% SOH, which if you eliminate the two replaced modules at 100% gives 92.1% SOH for the 31 original modules, which is pretty darn good for three years and 33K miles. What I'm told, is that if you have a bad cell, it should show up as an error code on the dash if you take the car down to 10-20% and let it sit overnight. Because I had two modules replaced, and they are considerably higher voltage than the others, they recommended I do this weekly for a few weeks to get all the cells 'balanced', then monthly or so after that to check on the health of individual cells. I'll report back on how much and if my mileage increases.

Last edited:

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
I get 230 miles at 100% SOC, in my GTS, but drive It without concern for efficiency, not at all what I bought the car for. Performance, torque and speed does the trick for me. And having a full tank every morning. I sometimes think of it as a badge of honor if my range is predicted lower after a few days of enjoying the car the way I intended to. But of course , to each their own, and the future is dependent on achieving better efficiency, I will catch up at some point on this endeavor. lol.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sigh...

It’s -1 here in Finland now. I have 88% and it reports I have 334km left. That’s about 207 miles if I’m not mistaken.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It’s -1 here in Finland now. I have 88% and it reports I have 334km left. That’s about 207 miles if I’m not mistaken.
-1 sounds really cold at first, and then I have to stop and think about it being C.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
EV instant power is addictive so my range is not great but now that the winter came it dropped significantly because my gf likes the cabin like a sauna, so maybe 190 miles.
Sponsored