OP
Viv S

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Just to confirm the system isn't being gamed :). What do you think your average speed was for the last 20 minutes before you charged?
On highway probably around 80- 90 and 50 city.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On highway probably around 80- 90 and 50 city.
80-90 on a highway? NFW. Unless he changed his speedo to metric and I doubt that. 50 mph on a highway? Yeah, doable. Especially as he was at the ideal air temperature.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Last time I charged to 100% I got 270-something on the guessometer. The best I’ve done consumption wise is this (in miles and km for those not bilingual):
Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? A85C9E62-3595-4646-960D-61B1F5B7D9E6

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 9DF8BEF1-6B29-4219-ADF7-9F0D1713FE57

Extrapolating, I make that 331 miles for a full charge

RWD
Mission Es
Manual charge ports
Performance battery plus
Mostly dual carriageway/motorway using cruise control in range mode 60-70mph as traffic conditions allowed
Somewhat favourable tailwind

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Manual or power charge ports don't make a difference in this estimation/calculation.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m sure I have a dud! At first I thought it was you guys on the other side of the pond with the special battery power until I saw @soawjo post. I’ve done 12000 miles since Nov, mission e’s battery plus and I get about 10 miles per charge 🤦🏻 Well it feels like 10, best I’ve ever got is 204 at 90%, by calculation would be 226 at 100%. It’s gone up since the winter from 205 at 100% but thats it.

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Got my car end of Nov ( with battery plus package )last year and seldom charged to 100%. Most of the time I tried to stay around 80-85%。 last night I did 100% and got 271 miles!!! Super happy. ❤ What was your max mileage?

4288DE8D-45C3-4F98-9B3E-CA156B3EF2FB.jpeg
Getting about 260 miles on the 'small' battery

Attachments

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
I’m sure I have a dud! At first I thought it was you guys on the other side of the pond with the special battery power until I saw @soawjo post. I’ve done 12000 miles since Nov, mission e’s battery plus and I get about 10 miles per charge 🤦🏻 Well it feels like 10, best I’ve ever got is 204 at 90%, by calculation would be 226 at 100%. It’s gone up since the winter from 205 at 100% but thats it.
I see you're south coast like me so getting the best temperature for UK. I do sometimes wonder when I read about the range discrepancies whether some people are getting more capacity on the PB+ than others. Is it possible Porsche aren't exactly restricting the capacity at 83.7 kWh for every car and some are getting closer to the full 93 kWh or whatever it is?

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
I see you're south coast like me so getting the best temperature for UK. I do sometimes wonder when I read about the range discrepancies whether some people are getting more capacity on the PB+ than others. Is it possible Porsche aren't exactly restricting the capacity at 83.7 kWh for every car and some are getting closer to the full 93 kWh or whatever it is?
Not sure but I certainly only have the small battery. I picked mine up on 1st march so have had a lot of freezing weather. I still drive quite aggressive on the B roads but coast on the motorways since getting a speeding ticket. Not sure how most of you have your trip data displayed but I like to see miles per kw. Since the car was born its done 3.3 miles per kw
not sure how much more Battery plus gives you?

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes south coast it just makes no sense, this may be possible should be easy enough to work out from the trip data, I’m charging now to 90% for 5am as going to London in the morning and will recharge at Porsche Chiswick on the way in, I will check the data there and back and see where it’s at.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure but I certainly only have the small battery. I picked mine up on 1st march so have had a lot of freezing weather. I still drive quite aggressive on the B roads but coast on the motorways since getting a speeding ticket. Not sure how most of you have your trip data displayed but I like to see miles per kw. Since the car was born its done 3.3 miles per kw
not sure how much more Battery plus gives you?
3.3 miles per kW are you sure you don’t have a Prius? My average is has been sitting at 2.2/kW until recently it’s started to creep up and is now at 2.6.

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine is sitting around 220 Miles on 100% charge, though have only had the car 2 weeks and done 800 Miles so far. At what point will the battery give the true mileage? I have the PB+, 4S with spyder wheels.

steveBK123

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
The idea of actual vs usable battery capacity and how the software handles that over time is something I am very interested in as we watch different makes/models of EVs age.

For example my 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD has 75kWh usable with supposedly 79.5kWh total.
After 4 years my max charge range is down about 9% from new, so I am losing about 2%/year, even though the battery was 6% over provisioned as new. If we include the over provisioning, its possible I lost 15% capacity in 4 years.

If Taycan PB+ is ~11% over-provisioned, do you see a better aging curve than my Tesla?
If it is 11% over-provisioned, would a 4 year 15% loss only show up as 4% in actual usable range loss (vs 9% on my Tesla)?

I'd also imagine battery chemistry, and thermal management systems will also impact the actual degradation heavily.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I have the standard battery and have charged to 100% about 4 or 5 times for long trips. Each time I get about 270 miles! Pretty happy!
Sponsored