Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Good morning Folks,
My range on normal driving mode.
Thanks.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 291AF725-BFD5-4C9E-8A87-F8E4922521AC
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Probably but the mystery for me is the battery display for potential range. I just can't see 300 miles ever being displayed.

I once had 280 immediately after a 350kW charging session. Battery was hot and when cooled the range readout dropped considerably to around 250.

This is why I rely on average consumption numbers rather than fictitious readings from the battery display immediately after charging or driving a short distance after charging.

Post AC charging readouts are more accurate in my experience.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Thx - and after 2 miles of driving what did the same display report?
Adrian,
Showed 285 miles. Did 220 miles & had 63 miles left when got back home.
Thanks.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
My max is 353 km (219 mil). I have 21" wheels and 305 rear tires. I have considered that I would try to swap them to 20" 2xx tires. Any idea how much this would effect the range?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I don't think you can change units on My Porsche website but you can on PCM and app.
Thanks. So now I see total avg 3.0 mls /kWh which means that my in-car estimated range display typically starts nearly 10% over-optimistic.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My max is 353 km (219 mil). I have 21" wheels and 305 rear tires. I have considered that I would try to swap them to 20" 2xx tires. Any idea how much this would effect the range?
Have a play with the Range tool on the Taycan web pages where you can play with the different wheel combinations etc to get a reasonable idea.

Don't expect massive gains or losses - 5 - 6 miles or so.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 1661849116470

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I mostly charge overnight using 7kW and check range on a “cold” battery. After a mile or so go driving the range doesn’t drop dramatically, in fact it stays bang on. Harsh acceleration, start and stop driving, or air con causes the biggest range drops for me.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I fully charged to 100% and had an estimated range of 297 miles.

I drove a round trip of 208 miles in cooler, early autumn conditions (early morning and late evening) in my RWD. Occasionally using air con to de-mist the cabin. Normal mode. Mostly motorway (80%) with hilly A + B-road miles (20% for some decent regen and coasting. Tyre pressures at 34psi front and 37psi rear.

84 miles left at 28% SOC, which is 300 miles by doing the math. 208 + 84 = 292 actual miles. Discrepancy of 8 miles from estimated to actual, or 5 miles off the original estimate at the start of the journey.

3.6 miles per kWh, or 0.3kWh per mile.

Pretty happy with that.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I fully charged to 100% and had an estimated range of 297 miles.

I drove a round trip of 208 miles in cooler, early autumn conditions (early morning and late evening) in my RWD. Occasionally using air con to de-mist the cabin. Normal mode. Mostly motorway (80%) with hilly A + B-road miles (20% for some decent regen and coasting. Tyre pressures at 34psi front and 37psi rear.

84 miles left at 28% SOC, which is 300 miles by doing the math. 208 + 84 = 292 actual miles. Discrepancy of 8 miles from estimated to actual, or 5 miles off the original estimate at the start of the journey.

3.6 miles per kWh, or 0.3kWh per mile.

Pretty happy with that.
More than impressive to be honest 85 miles more than me currently and 42 more than I've ever achieved from new.

Words escape me!

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Few more details:
  • Outside temperatures of 17°C high and 13°C low yesterday
  • Light to zero traffic for most of the trip
  • Kept speed between 40 to 60 mph on the A and B roads
  • Kept speed between 60 to 70 mph on the motorway except for the odd overtake
  • 43mph average speed
  • 21” Exclusive wheels
  • Performer Battery Plus
  • Normal suspension setting (air suspension)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Few more details:
  • Outside temperatures of 17°C high and 13°C low yesterday
  • Light to zero traffic for most of the trip
  • Kept speed between 40 to 60 mph on the A and B roads
  • Kept speed between 60 to 70 mph on the motorway except for the odd overtake
  • 43mph average speed
  • 21” Exclusive wheels
  • Performer Battery Plus
  • Normal suspension setting (air suspension)
Thx - what drive mode - Normal?

I have a trip to Aberdeen today (127 miles), charged car to 92% and currently estimating 191 miles of range (207 miles @ 100% - shockingly low but higher than it was immediately after uPdate). 13C dry and sunny today.

If I found a further 60 miles I'd be 'happy' but 93 (as in your case) seems in the lands of fantasy.

20", PB+, mostly motorway, cruise 70mph, regen on (effective during braking for roundabouts etc), Range mode active (which means Eco Plus for me - but may decide to stick to Normal and AC @ 21C) - we'll see what I actually use and extrapolate from there.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Thx - what drive mode - Normal?

I have a trip to Aberdeen today (127 miles), charged car to 92% and currently estimating 191 miles of range (207 miles @ 100% - shockingly low but higher than it was immediately after uPdate). 13C dry and sunny today.

If I found a further 60 miles I'd be 'happy' but 93 (as in your case) seems in the lands of fantasy.

20", PB+, mostly motorway, cruise 70mph, regen on (effective during braking for roundabouts etc), Range mode active (which means Eco Plus for me - but may decide to stick to Normal and AC @ 21C) - we'll see what I actually use and extrapolate from there.
I was in Normal for drive, chassis and suspension.

I didn’t use cruise control. I coast for as long as I can, and then use regen braking on any downhill to recoup battery, whilst not letting the speed drop too much. Air conditioning has a big impact on range.

Good luck with your trip and miles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was in Normal for drive, chassis and suspension.

I didn’t use cruise control. I coast for as long as I can, and then use regen braking on any downhill to recoup battery, whilst not letting the speed drop too much. Air conditioning has a big impact on range.

Good luck with your trip and miles.
Thx.

I understand all the in's and out's of what uses energy and what doesn't (I've been enduring this for almost 2 years now). Cruise will auto recup to maintain speed via braking on declines (clearly visible in the previous AWD display and in the new Trip graphic and disengage on the level or inclines). Manual recup kicks in once cruise is cancelled (as I select manual recup prior to changing drive mode to Range, under braking) and as I don't get motor braking (yet) since uPdate it will potentially contribute to energy recovery rather than detract.

Regardless of all this your estimated range on the battery display is significant in the sense the car thinks it can travel 300 miles in Normal before turning a wheel. The most my display has ever shown was 280 miles following a ultra fast charge session which soon depleted to 240 miles within a few short miles. Today it reckons 207 miles at best but I fully expect it will work out much higher by the end of the journey.

I had a loaner RWD 2 months back and was given to me with 100% charge - 230 miles on the battery display (PB+ and a quoted range of what I would see in my own car so therefore 'consistent') which further confuses the reality and do I just raise the white flag and assume the battery display is at best a random number generator!?

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I had a loaner RWD 2 months back and was given to me with 100% charge - 230 miles on the battery display (PB+ and a quoted range of what I would see in my own car so therefore 'consistent') which further confuses the reality and do I just raise the white flag and assume the battery display is at best a random number generator!?
For me, the battery estimate is accurate based on my driving style after 1 year of ownership, so I have learned to trust it. 300 miles isn’t a pipe dream 😅

I don’t think you need to raise the white flag at all, as there so many contributing factors to the actual range.
Sponsored

Last edited: