ron_b

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I plan on using Range Mode at times too for trips but the first thing I will do is up the max speed to 77mph in Range Mode. It is configurable.
Doing 70 in a 75 zone is rediculous, sorry...

Reactions: Reg

tomjmoen

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S
Country flag
Not sure I could own one. We had a medical emergency and had to leave our quarantine (not mandatory) in WA for MN. This trip from door to door was 1789 miles. We stopped for gas in counties reporting no covid-19 cases and took amazing precautions with gloves, masks, visors, Apple Pay (touch free) and 13' social distancing and hand sanitizer. Leaving outside of Seattle with full tank, we made it just over the MT border near Missoula MT. Total stop time 13 minutes. Glendive, MT, total stop time 18 minutes. north of Alexandria, MN 12 minutes. Our average speed across WA was 75 mph, MT 88, ND 78, MN 72. We made it in 20 hours. If I look at this trip from Taycan perspective it would been impossible (no charging infra). We woulda run the heater from Spokane to Missoula and AC from Dickenson to St Paul, killing the range tremendously. Even Tesla with an overnight and six-seven stops--some as long as 3 hours each. The above trip was running 5-10 mph UNDER the speed limit (being passed by semitrucks?) Going 5-10 under or 70 mph and the recharging would have been 48 hours in a Tesla (with two Phase 3 charging stations and one at the Hilton in Bozeman). Bozeman to Dickenson is 460 miles, Custer, MT to Dickenson, ND is 289 miles of nothing. Tumbleweed... how do you turn tumbleweed into DC energy?

Last edited:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well Tom @tomjmoen I agree that the infrastructure is totally missing in places and petroleum provides amazing quick energy transfer.

As for Tumbleweeds, you simply burn it under a water tank with steam turbine and electric generator. (Of course)

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement