Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
10:15 am update 11/07/2020 - Weather is spectacular - sunny, cool, a beautiful fall day - one of those days that almost makes you want to live in california!! I’m there now - and will be here for a bit! Hope to see you all - I’m parked next to a gorgeous blue Taycan @ chargers! See you all in the parking lot around 11 am

Team,

it was my silly idea to suggest a pre-labor day meet up in the Santa Cruz area - since many many people seem to have lives, are busy, and generally wimps about driving Hwy 17 it was suggest a more central location be found - so after many threats against my family, lively hood, and most importantly my treasured Taycan I'm suggesting an additional date, and a different location.

NOTE: this is not an "organized" event - I"m just suggesting a place bay area Taycan owners can choose to congregate at on a date and time where it is likely other Taycan owners will also be there - once we "find" each other can say hello, be nice to each other and gush over this wonderful automobile. Just a chance to say hello to some like minded folks.

Date: November 6th, 2020 Saturday November 7th, 2020
Location: 660 Stanford Shopping Center Palo Alto, CA 94304 - there are 2 EA charges there - please don't plan on charging - few stalls will make impractical
Time: 11:30 - 1:30 - time is "open" scheduling - but "core" hours will be a lunch break

we can all grab some food - chat in a socially distanced responsible manner - and ogle each other's Taycan's

I suggest parking near the EA chargers and walking to food from there - bring some fold up chairs and shade and we can have an out door TaycanFest…and just say hello to each other.

thanks to @BayAreaKen we have a great suggestion for where in the vast set of choices to actually meet - see the map below - the highlight ”yellow” area near the shake shack is our suggested (but not mandated) gathering area!! i agree with BAKen that there should be plenty of parking while we all say a socially distanced “hello” and admire each other’s Taycans!

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… 1602956566290
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll look forward to meeting anyone who shows up.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
given 2020 and that California needs water - I'm suggesting in the theme of 2020 "let's make this year suck as much as possible" - that it will be dry, hot, and unseasonably sunny/warm.

we can talk about the dought and the recent PG&E power shutoffs (which will have happened by then)…

i'm optimistic - and need the Taycan as a distraction to how abysmal this year has been.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hopefully have a car then but will try to come either way. Thanks for organizing

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
given 2020 and that California needs water - I'm suggesting in the theme of 2020 "let's make this year suck as much as possible" - that it will be dry, hot, and unseasonably sunny/warm.

we can talk about the dought and the recent PG&E power shutoffs (which will have happened by then)…

i'm optimistic - and need the Taycan as a distraction to how abysmal this year has been.
I'm hoping that I can make it, but I'm currently scheduled to testify in a trial in Texas that day... :-(

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Team,

it was my silly idea to suggest a pre-labor day meet up in the Santa Cruz area - since many many people seem to have lives, are busy, and generally wimps about driving Hwy 17 it was suggest a more central location be found - so after many threats against my family, lively hood, and most importantly my treasured Taycan I'm suggesting an additional date, and a different location.

NOTE: this is not an "organized" event - I"m just suggesting a place bay area Taycan owners can choose to congregate at on a date and time where it is likely other Taycan owners will also be there - once we "find" each other can say hello, be nice to each other and gush over this wonderful automobile. Just a chance to say hello to some like minded folks.

Date: November 6th, 2020
Location: 660 Stanford Shopping Center Palo Alto, CA 94304 - there are 2 EA charges there - please don't plan on charging - few stalls will make impractical
Time: 11:30 - 1:30 - time is "open" scheduling - but "core" hours will be a lunch break

we can all grab some food - chat in a socially distanced responsible manner - and ogle each other's Taycan's

I suggest parking near the EA chargers and walking to food from there - bring some fold up chairs and shade and we can have an out door TaycanFest…and just say hello to each other.

View attachment 8183
I can do it but November 6th is a Friday would a Saturday not be better or do Taycan owners not need to work ;-)

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
date updated to Saturday by popular request!!! original posting updated.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
bump - we all still have time - but hope to see everyone that want's to visit.

JohnSeoul

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Macan S
Country flag
Thanks for arranging. I could not make the last meet, but this one's firmly on my calendar. See you there.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if my 12V isn't dead - I'm still planing showing up for this - :CWL:

Last edited:

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Although @daveo4EV doesn’t recommend charging there at the meet, as a side note, I would have to say that I went there today as part of my EA vicinity testing and was impressed that I was able to charge here on my first try!

This is in comparison to my unfortunate first time at an Electrfy America station in Santa Clara where 4 out of 5 port attempts were unsuccessful. Big thanks to @BayAreaKen for helping me out with the issues I was having and nice meeting you in person :). Because it was my first time charging since I just recently got my car out of the PPF shop, I was paranoid that all the errors I was getting was due to a faulty CCS charge port on my car . Luckily the 5th port I tried worked, so now I just realize it’s just because EA sucks lol. Anyway, with this experience at Stanford shopping center, I believe their network will improve over time from customer feedback similar to Apple Maps

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not recommending charging there as a matter of congestion management - if more than 4 or 6 Taycan's show up we'll overwhelm the charging stalls

I also mentioned that just to make sure people are not relying on this charger to "make the trip"...it might be congested if we all show up at once.

you're welcome to charge, but with that many EV's decending on that location it's not safe to assume you'll have a stall available.
Sponsored