Nautilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, X7 50i
Country flag
Anyone with a 2020 Taycan has received the ONA5 update OTA ? Anywhere ?
i did the ONA5 update today. No problems whatsoever. But at the same time I did not notice any changes: no Spotify build in or any other noticeable difference
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'm enormously curious as to what this is - and when it will be released in the US

to my knowledge I still haven't received the last one…

hmmmm....

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I'm enormously curious as to what this is - and when it will be released in the US

to my knowledge I still haven't received the last one…

hmmmm....
I double down on this... I have not seen the last one or this one.....

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
saw it as a recall campaign in myPorsche - requires dealer visit for my car (2020 Turbo). I have ONA5; this was for ONA7.
I happened to have checked for recall items yesterday on (the web based) MyPorsche and saw nothing pending for my model yr 2022 - could be as others suggested simply not yet released in the US but wonder if this is only for model years 2020-2021?

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I happened to have checked for recall items yesterday on (the web based) MyPorsche and saw nothing pending for my model yr 2022 - could be as others suggested simply not yet released in the US but wonder if this is only for model years 2020-2021?
I'm in California so it's not a US thing.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don't mind frequency AT ALL if I can do them OTA and avoid the dealer visits for a simple download. :)
You probably forgot to add "as long as they don't change things for the worse, either intentionally or via software bugs".

Examples for HV system software alone would include things such as limit max power output of the battery, limit charging speed, limit max state of charge (lower max range), limit regen profile so that you end up using your physical brakes more and get less overall range, run your cooling pumps 24/7 (which drains the battery but more importantly puts wear on cooling system which was originally not designed to run 24/7/365), or other possibly undesirable changes. Having been a Tesla customer for 9 years, I've seen all of the above examples on either my cars or others. Then of course there are other software changes, like changing how you car drives/behaves, changing what buttons do (sometimes complete opposite function, like heating turns to cooling), or hiding buttons completely (e.g. most recently removed front and rear defrost buttons from the main screen, they are now hidden in a sub-menu - Elon doesn't need those buttons in California or Texas, so decided they were a waste of space in the UI) , etc, etc. Oh, and let's not forget the biggest temptation for a manufacturer with efficient OTA - ship unfinished features, in case of Tesla complete vaporware - one of my Tesla's didn't have automatic headlights (on at dark, required by NHTSA and yet Tesla got away with the delay) or automatic windshield wipers for 9 months after I bought it.

Bottom line, be careful what you wish for. Personally I am hoping Porsche will get their OTA working well, but avoid the Tesla pitfals of shipping unfinished software, shipping barely tested software (and hardware, hoping software can mitigate future issues), experimenting on customers (e.g. different battery management strategies, see which ones work and which ones cripple batteries) , etc. I prefer my car come with all the features I paid for already functional on delivery date. OTA should be there to provide bug fixes and security updates. New features which change how the car drives/operates can be available, but should not be required in order to keep up with bug fixes (heck, charge money for anyone who does want some new GUI or redefined drive modes).

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep why I suggest it may be model year specific.
The explanation wasn't software based either. It explained that routing of seat wiring needed to be redone because its existing routing could create a fault in the system.

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
According to the notes it is for „improving the robustness of the HV battery“, probably affecting the charging characteristics?!

Anybody with any more detailed background?

6D53092E-6C43-4015-B4CE-E9416E12506B.jpeg

69E5D3C9-F816-42B1-9145-5D88EC69563E.jpeg

8798E0B7-7321-4754-8397-2590BD838DA8.jpeg
ONA7 popped up today. Norway CT21. notes says it improves HV startup. whatever that means. had to turn off park climatisation to start update.

correction: ONA7 did not install. Now I get the error message when trying to start it. “Can not start due to an active process”. I have shut everything down. No charger. 80% SOC. Car turned off. What am I doing wrong?

Porsche Taycan 2nd OTA Update (ONA7) deployed… including HV battery update E67A884B-C9C0-42C5-B5C5-9A49D7702BB4
Sponsored

Last edited: