dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
That is what I did first - and got prompted with the "you need an active subscription to use this service". No more problems after first log in
Indeed, the Gods also require a subscription. ;)
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Just to make it easier for others - including some screen caps from the Charging NA app

1. Purchase the 0$ Porsche Charging from the Porsche Connect app
2. Provide a credit card on Connect app, otherwise your Porsche Charging will not be activated. Remember the app will take you directly into the credit card login page, so you need your username and password handy. Once you log into the credit card account, tap the "Done" on the banner (this is the background banner from Porsche Connect) and you get back into the App.
3. Download the Charging NA app - now you would think you are ready to go - not yet
4. In the Charging NA app, tap on the 3 lines at the top - they are inside the "search" box
Porsche Taycan 30 Min Free Charge - How to set up account IMG_2663.PNG

5. This takes you to the menu - at the very bottom, you actually have a link to log in (on my picture it says now logout since I am in already). Use the same user ID and password as your Porsche ID.
Porsche Taycan 30 Min Free Charge - How to set up account IMG_2664.PNG

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
That is what I did first - and got prompted with the "you need an active subscription to use this service". No more problems after first log in
The APP UI sucks.. If you have more than one charger available - it won't identify the one you are using it defaults to the first one (on iPhone) - you have to click "Start Charging" and then swipe the mini menu up from the bottom (if you just swipe right, it will start the first charger).. swipe up and select the charger you are conected to.

BTW, you might be having trouble today - I had to call Porsche and whine this morning.

If you call EA, tell them you are a Porsche Connect Customer - they can trigger the magic deal remotely. If you go this route - call them before plugging the car in, or they will just ask you to unplug it.

Ask me how I know. :)
Sponsored