Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
3 guys on the road and needed to charge.
as you can see the crayon, has painted arches and rims. The arches are bought afterwards and painted at the dealer, because if younpaint normal arches, you have some imperfections. Rims and internal stiches done in same colour. Enjoy the colour samples for those who need to chose a colour.
happy newyear
Porsche Taycan 3CT’s on the move 61587595-982E-4311-A3E4-90A7C135BCED

Porsche Taycan 3CT’s on the move F644C974-4430-483E-A392-193240482E78

Porsche Taycan 3CT’s on the move 1A18D430-0E28-4D5A-9685-738773E2AE61

Porsche Taycan 3CT’s on the move 43B20A17-E3A2-4337-815C-636A4E5174FD

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
3 guys on the road and needed to charge.
as you can see the crayon, has painted arches and rims. The arches are bought afterwards and painted at the dealer, because if younpaint normal arches, you have some imperfections. Rims and internal stiches done in same colour. Enjoy the colour samples for those who need to chose a colour.
happy newyear
In respect painting original arches I have to disagree with your comment re imperfections - this is entirely about prep prior to paint and depends on the body shop process/QC.

Here is an example of our Mini Cooper S which had it's fender arches painted the body color (many years ago!) and it's black fender arches had far rougher dimpling than we have on the CT's stock arches - these were sanded and prepped to perfection - final finish is as smooth as a baby's bum :) - perfectly matching the body finish.

Will be taking my CT to a high-end shop here in Houston this Tue and have no doubt that they can replicate :)

Porsche Taycan 3CT’s on the move 2004.JPG

Another example (from forum mbr here but can't recall if Belgium or Netherlands, sorry) - I believe he had his original arches sanded and painted too (need to confirm) - went further and had all lower trim painted aswell!

Porsche Taycan 3CT’s on the move PAINTED ARCHES 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alex74

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
In respect painting original arches I have to disagree with your comment re imperfections - this is entirely about prep prior to paint and depends on the body shop process/QC.

Here is an example of our Mini Cooper S which had it's fender arches painted the body color (many years ago!) and it's black fender arches had far rougher dimpling than we have on the CT's stock arches - these were sanded and prepped to perfection - final finish is as smooth as a baby's bum :) - perfectly matching the body finish.

Will be taking my CT to a high-end shop here in Houston this Tue and hopefully can confirm that they can replicate :)

2004.JPG

Another example (from forum mbr here but can't recall if Belgium or Netherlands, sorry) - I believe he had his original arches sanded and painted too (need to confirm) - went further and had all lower trim painted aswell!

PAINTED ARCHES 2.jpeg
As you say, the body shop,. It was the dealer that has done the painting. They told to buy new ones . I hope yours will be done perfectly, by your body shop.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As you say, the body shop,. It was the dealer that has done the painting. They told to buy new ones . I hope yours will be done perfectly, by your body shop.
That extra set of fenders was at least 1500 Euros and then add prep and paint - suspect the Dealer was happy to oblige :)! But I can also see why some might prefer this route for sure.

Here is the thread I mentioned - a fellow Belgian - all his pieces painted were original and sanded down - beautiful job:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/here-she-is.6169/page-2

OP
OP
Alex74

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
That extra set of fenders was at least 1500 Euros and then add prep and paint - suspect the Dealer was happy to oblige :)! But I can also see why some might prefer this route for sure.

Here is the thread I mentioned - a fellow Belgian - all his pieces painted were original and sanded down - beautiful job:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/here-she-is.6169/page-2
Thanks for sharing, as Patje mentioned, a professional body shop, not a Porsche dealer did it. now we now for the future ?Thanks

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing, as Patje mentioned, a professional body shop, not a Porsche dealer did it. now we now for the future ?Thanks
Yep I have never had a dealer do this type of customization, but again pers pref :)
Sponsored