3D Surround View any different to ParkAssist including Surround View?

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, you are right! I hadn’t seen it like in that video before. But still the look and feel from the Cayenne active parking assistant is identical to the one in my e-tron. And that is why I expect to have the same system in my MY21 Taycan. Again, no idea which one is really better...?!
Sadly tracking around the camera in my my21 does not work with only having surround view. Seems like you only get this with the active parking now. :-(
In my testing Taycan my20 it worked without active parking
I wish I had known this before.
Sponsored

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sadly tracking around the camera in my my21 does not work with only having surround view. Seems like you only get this with the active parking now. :-(
In my testing Taycan my20 it worked without active parking
I wish I had known this before.
Just got a workaround in another thread. 3d works in the surround view only options. Just just can’t see the icons as a software bug.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Just got a workaround in another thread. 3d works in the surround view only options. Just just can’t see the icons as a software bug.
can you add a link to that thread? Thanks.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't think anyone can beat my surround view... the car is rendered as a rectangle and no camera icons. Happened to me recently..

Porsche Taycan 3D Surround View any different to ParkAssist including Surround View? 20210123_103828

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's awful. I really wish I didn't add this option now and just went with the reversing camera, even that has poor reviews. Do regret it now if it is still that poor in MY21.

I had surround view in my Audi A7 2018 and that was extremely good quality. You could swipe around on the screen and have 3d view at any angle.