3D surround view VS 360 Surround view - Park Assist ?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
This is i guess the last option I’m debating.

In the US, Remote Park Assist comes with 3D surround view. The premium package gives 360 surround view. WhT are the differences between the 2. Any screen shots would be great. I know 3D surround view gives your the 3D of the car with camera views. What does 360 surround view give ? Does it also gives lines for parking ?

I know there was a hack where you could get the screen to show 3D. Does that still work ?
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

In the US, Remote Park Assist comes with 3D surround view. The premium package gives 360 surround view. WhT are the differences between the 2. Any screen shots would be great. I know 3D surround view gives your the 3D of the car with camera views. What does 360 surround view give ? Does it also gives lines for parking ?

I know there was a hack where you could get the screen to show 3D. Does that still work ?
I realize you may be pricing/selecting add-ons to stay within a pre-defined budget limit but just to note that as of very recently the Remote Park Assust is now standard in the Tech Pkg - it was added as such to the Sedan a month or so ago and now is now added as std within the CT Tech Pkg also.

For me the extra safety views re reversing, door opening etc are what are useful adds here in the RPA - the remote parking function is just circus IMO - will almost certainly never use it! I do know that the full 3D view in my M4 which is std(!!) has been a HUGE help in some underground super tight parking situations to name but one scenario.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I realize you may be pricing/selecting add-ons to stay within a pre-defined budget limit but just to note that as of very recently the Remote Park Assust is now standard in the Tech Pkg - it was added as such to the Sedan a month or so ago and now is now added as std within the CT Tech Pkg also.

For me the extra safety views re reversing, door opening etc are what are useful adds here in the RPA - the remote parking function is just circus IMO - will almost certainly never use it! I do know that the full 3D view in my M4 which is std(!!) has been a HUGE help in some underground super tight parking situations to name but one scenario.
Thanks. The Remote Park Assist w/ all the add-ons (3D + sensors) is $1610. I didn’t want to take the tech package which at this point would actually cost less ($1130) and would come with HUD. I really like the floating dashboard and don’t have a use for HUD. So just thinking if I’d really want the Remote Park Assist. Wondering how many sensors/cameras it has additional

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
The 3D hack with surround view still works, but I really don’t understand the views as anything more than a novelty. I tried using them a few times. I just couldn’t see how they helped anything.

To me, the 3D view is pretty, but not useful. This is the opposite of the reversing camera, which is useful, but not pretty. ?

The 360 surround is the top down view of the car. It also includes some side views of your wheels along the curb.

I don’t know anything about the actual park assist functions, so I can’t comment on those.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

The visual representations are the same - guidelines and coloured distance markers.

The 3D hack still works but can be fiddly to use.

Two modes of parking - find a space and park (attended) and remote parking ( unattended)

Remote Parking feature only works with Apple iPhones and additionally provides exit warning, rear cross traffic alert and manoeuvring assist. So if you aren't an Apple user then the remote feature won't be available to you

360 is probably the minimum level of assistance needed and IMHO works well and hard to justify the full extent of the premium for 3D.

Ideal to try a car with either setup first if you can.
Sponsored