4 seats -> 5 seats

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I have the 2 seat configurations in my car as it looked better than the 2+1 seat. But now, I have family visiting where a middle seat would be great. Has anyone tried anything to do so. Any kind of cover, etc that would help ?
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I have the 2 seat configurations in my car as it looked better than the 2+1 seat. But now, I have family visiting where a middle seat would be great. Has anyone tried anything to do so. Any kind of cover, etc that would help ?
Second to the sound advice above, it also might be more comfortable for everyone to just hire a spacious five+ seater for the duration of their stay.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
It is for these occasional uses that I'll be spec'ing the +1 seating...
Absolutely.

I will rarely have passengers, but then I don't see the point of the middle seat "tray" which will also never be used, and if there are passengers in the back seats, they can use the middle seat as a "tray", not that I have ever known anyone to need a middle seat tray.

Then on those rare occasions where I have four friends or family members desperate to try out the Porsche, I have enough space for them, even if it only happens once.

Alternatively one pax can stay at home and the two in the rear... have a middle seat tray they can share. Perhaps for stowing their pick 'n mix, or a book or a schematic of London's sewerage system.

The cosmetic argument about 18-way front and 14-way rear pattern really is nitpicking, especially when practicality issues like this arise.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
[/QUOT I keep a little cushion on hand to whip back there when three are getting in. Jus to make sure the center tray doesn’t get crushed.
I keep a little cushion on hand to whip back there when three people are getting in. Just to make sure the little plastic tray doesn’t get crushed.

Deleted member 6348

The center of my rear seats will probably only get used once or twice over the course of my ownership, but the 2+1 configuration is totally worth it for those occasions

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
The center of my rear seats will probably only get used once or twice over the course of my ownership, but the 2+1 configuration is totally worth it for those occasions
If you’re worried get the extra seat but I chose the 2+2 because Im not ,will never use it and I don’t think it will affect resale.the seat is useless 😂
Each to their own but was the easiest decision for me

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Absolutely.

I will rarely have passengers, but then I don't see the point of the middle seat "tray" which will also never be used, and if there are passengers in the back seats, they can use the middle seat as a "tray", not that I have ever known anyone to need a middle seat tray.

Then on those rare occasions where I have four friends or family members desperate to try out the Porsche, I have enough space for them, even if it only happens once.

Alternatively one pax can stay at home and the two in the rear... have a middle seat tray they can share. Perhaps for stowing their pick 'n mix, or a book or a schematic of London's sewerage system.

The cosmetic argument about 18-way front and 14-way rear pattern really is nitpicking, especially when practicality issues like this arise.
Somewhere to put your phone / tablet whilst charging - 2 USB C ports underneath.

Tilt

First Name
Kjell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Nice to have a ski bag inside the car and not on the roof 2+1👍

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
If you’re worried get the extra seat but I chose the 2+2 because Im not ,will never use it and I don’t think it will affect resale.the seat is useless 😂
Each to their own but was the easiest decision for me
Same for me!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
OP
OP

maddie

Threads