4 vs 4s rolling acceleration times

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a 4S sedan. For me, it was the sweet spot, with plenty of power off the line and for passing. Of course, I went crazy with options, but as you mentioned YOLO. IMO all of these cars are fast with plenty of passing power. If you can afford it then just get what will make you happy. I'm firmly in the "no regrets" group when spending this much money on a vehicle.
I agree, I have driven a base RWD taycan and a 4S turbo. the base car is a fine car, but it is a bit less than the 4 or 4S, and the turbo is wicked faster than the 4s. for me and many others the 4s hits all the necessary points.
Sponsored

OP
OP

danp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D, Model 3 LR
Country flag
if costs are a concern you are in the wrong place, there are now many EVs that cost far less than a taycan and are very decent vehicles that you can buy to replace your model S.

the taycan is more expensive than most EVs just like porsche ICE cars are more expensive than other ICE cars.

people who are interested in owning Pcars are a bit less sensitive to the cost of the car.
Cost isn't a concern, and I'm well aware that there are plenty of other EV options out there. It's just a question of whether the real world difference (not off the line) in acceleration between the 4 and the 4S justifies the extra ~$15K. From the more helpful replies on this thread so far, it sounds like it probably is.

OP
OP

danp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D, Model 3 LR
Country flag
I agree, I have driven a base RWD taycan and a 4S turbo. the base car is a fine car, but it is a bit less than the 4 or 4S, and the turbo is wicked faster than the 4s. for me and many others the 4s hits all the necessary points.
Thanks, I think the 4S is what I would go with, although it's all a bit academic right now given availability of allocations.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Such a welcoming community here.
I've found it quite the welcoming community, even coming from a Tesla, but there is a bias against those cross-shopping a Tesla (or even making comparisons) because it is such a unique offering.

Either you value the superior handling and build quality and beauty of the car and the overall "Porsche-ness" (and stomach the commensurate costs) or it's honestly probably not the right car for you.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
That's disappointing but super helpful, thanks. My P85D is also the 2015 with the sport plus suspension, and even though it's 7 years later, I'm finding it hard to find something to replace it with that doesn't have a bunch of tradeoffs, isn't another Model S, or doesn't cost 2X.
Yea, it's hard to replace a Model S without feeling like you're stepping back in some respects. Teslas do pack a lot of power under that accelerator pedal, and it's butter smooth. Add to that not a lot of performance EV's with a hatch instead of a trunk, which further eliminates cars (eg. eTron GT RS). I've been wanting to replace my Tesla since ~2019, but there was no comparable choices back then. Finally Taycan CT released, loved it even though significantly more expensive for comparable power. I justified the price difference to myself with all the other tech Taycan can be equipped with, but then it turned out it has extremely limited production volumes, so I'm still waiting. I am ready to switch out of Tesla, but honestly, if they made S plaid available with a regular, stalked steering wheel and upgraded brakes, I would consider picking it up to drive for the next 3-4 years while the other manufacturers sort out how to produce cars with a lot of software and in the new, post COVID supply-chain world. Than again, if I got used to the 1000hp on tap, I might have trouble switching out again. Dilemma, dilemma.... 🤔
Sponsored