First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi

Got my 4s Cross Turismo 2 days ago, and I absolutely love it! Porsche really nailed this!

I do have one questions though.

1. The car charges really slowly. I have looked everywhere to try to fix this issue. Have you guys a solution for this as it takes approximately 30 hours to fully charge when we have a 22kw capable wallbox?
(We also have the Mobile Charger, takes equally as long).

2. The interior alarm keeps triggering, is this an isolated issue or are any of your experiencing the same problem?

Thanks for your help,
//Nicholas
Sponsored

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
So I’m new to this. I don’t know much about charging but the mobile connect is capable of 40 amp charging and it runs pretty close to that so I’m charged in 7-9 hrs.

I also have a 4s cross turismo and no alarm issues. I have a problem with the system connecting to porsche connect but i think it’s because I live in a poor cellular service area.

my car has been pretty perfect.

mkpierro

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
It may sound silly but make sure you are not sitting on the key or pressing it into the side of the seat. I have set my alarm off by doing that more than once. In the US when I use a regular outlet it takes 30 hours but with a 220 outlet it takes only 5 hours. I am not sure what type of power outlets you have.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Don’t know about #2, but related to #1, you should explain more details about your environment, ie. installation (Amperage?) and how do you charge?

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
@B61 I charge with a wallbox, specifically the BMW Essential, because we also have an i3s. The wallbox can charge up to 22kw.

@mkpierro I always have the key in my pockets or the cupholder. We have 240 volt outlets here, and it charges at approx. 1.4kw and wallbox approx. 1.9kw.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
So I’m new to this. I don’t know much about charging but the mobile connect is capable of 40 amp charging and it runs pretty close to that so I’m charged in 7-9 hrs.

I also have a 4s cross turismo and no alarm issues. I have a problem with the system connecting to porsche connect but i think it’s because I live in a poor cellular service area.

my car has been pretty perfect.
Weird.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

Got my 4s Cross Turismo 2 days ago, and I absolutely love it! Porsche really nailed this!

I do have one questions though.

1. The car charges really slowly. I have looked everywhere to try to fix this issue. Have you guys a solution for this as it takes approximately 30 hours to fully charge when we have a 22kw capable wallbox?
(We also have the Mobile Charger, takes equally as long).

2. The interior alarm keeps triggering, is this an isolated issue or are any of your experiencing the same problem?

Thanks for your help,
//Nicholas
Did you specify the 22kW AC charger on the car?

STD AC onboard charger is 11kW so if you don't have the above then the max you will get is 11kW.

The supply must be on a 32A fused supply and properly earthed (or higher) to your charging station.

Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is capable of managing 22kW providing the above holds true and you have it installed correctly

Porsche Mobile Charger Plus is 9.6kW max.

Can you confirm any of the above?

Typically what state of charge do you have when you start charging?

Sounds like you don't have the correct ampage to your charging point or a setting is wrong.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Did you specify the 22kW AC charger on the car?

STD AC onboard charger is 11kW so if you don't have the above then the max you will get is 11kW.

The supply must be on a 32A fused supply and properly earthed (or higher) to your charging station.

Porsche Mobile Charger Connect is capable of managing 22kW providing the above holds true and you have it installed correctly

Porsche Mobile Charger Plus is 9.6kW max.

Can you confirm any of the above?

Typically what state of charge do you have when you start charging?

Sounds like you don't have the correct ampage to your charging point or a setting is wrong.
Yes, I did specify the 22kw charger for the car. I followed the on-screen instructions for the mobile charger. Yesterday when I started charging it, it was around 30%. The mobile charger’s output says it has a maximum output of 10A. Not sure what setting is wrong in the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, I did specify the 22kw charger for the car. I followed the on-screen instructions for the mobile charger. Yesterday when I started charging it, it was around 30%. The mobile charger’s output says it has a maximum output of 10A. Not sure what setting is wrong in the car.
Ok so that's the issue - not enough current flowing and has been throttled back for some reason.

1. Logon to your PMCC and check the charging options - there is a slider to control the amps - if able, slide to 32A, check and see if that gives you 7.4kW or higher.

There is a web portal on the PMCC - you'll need the password provided in the white envelope you got with the PMCC.

2. If you can't alter the amps then get an electrician to check everything from fuse box to the PMCC and that there is a proper earth and the correctly rated connectors have been used

Envious that you have a 3 phase supply so I'd be wanting to make sure I could use it all.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Agreed with @W1NGE …. 10A is not enough if you want more than (240*10*1,73=) 4Kw.
why don’t you use 3phases (400V)?
with 32A you can get 22kw….or at least 13kw (at 240V).

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ok so that's the issue - not enough current flowing and has been throttled back for some reason.

1. Logon to your PMCC and check the charging options - there is a slider to control the amps - if able, slide to 32A, check and see if that gives you 7.4kW or higher.

There is a web portal on the PMCC - you'll need the password provided in the white envelope you got with the PMCC.

2. If you can't alter the amps then get an electrician to check everything from fuse box to the PMCC and that there is a proper earth and the correctly rated connectors have been used

Envious that you have a 3 phase supply so I'd be wanting to make sure I could use it all.
Unfortunately it seems like the maximum is 10A. Will call an electrician in the beginning of next week. Will keep you updated!

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agreed with @W1NGE …. 10A is not enough if you want more than (240*10*1,73=) 4Kw.
why don’t you use 3phases (400V)?
with 32A you can get 22kw….or at least 13kw (at 240V).
The strange thing is that the PMCC only gives me a maximum of 10A. The wallbox which can charge up to 22kw only charges the car at approx. 1.9kw. The wallbox was installed by an electrician, who stated that the fuse could handle the 240v and the 22kw output.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As far as I know, with 240V and a fuse of 32A, you can get output of about 13kw only.
i’m not familiar with standards in Sweden, we have 25A as a “normal” home installations.
of course, those 25A is for the whole house, not for one socket only.
if I’d want 32A, i’d pay much more every months, and there’s no sense….i’ll charge over the night, let’s say from 22-06.00 but on 400V with 16A, which means 11kw per hour….more than enough.

anyway, good luck with your electrician - the most important question is Amperage of your fuse….and, if possible, try to arrange a 400V socket.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Unfortunately it seems like the maximum is 10A. Will call an electrician in the beginning of next week. Will keep you updated!
Please do - it's a simple fix. The PMCC will autosense what's safe and possible and therefore has restricted your charging power.

I only have a single phase supply and so my max is 7.4kW @ 32A - perfect for overnight top ups from around 35% to 85%.

Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems 1628351567851

Dal65

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo
Country flag
As far as I know, with 240V and a fuse of 32A, you can get output of about 13kw only.
i’m not familiar with standards in Sweden, we have 25A as a “normal” home installations.
of course, those 25A is for the whole house, not for one socket only.
if I’d want 32A, i’d pay much more every months, and there’s no sense….i’ll charge over the night, let’s say from 22-06.00 but on 400V with 16A, which means 11kw per hour….more than enough.

anyway, good luck with your electrician - the most important question is Amperage of your fuse….and, if possible, try to arrange a 400V socket.
So 32 amps on 240v gives you max 7.4kw , three phase 32 amp 11kw . If you have the on board 22kw option then three phase then the car can charge at 22kw . Hope this helps
Sponsored