4S CT Build Questions

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
HI everyone,

Long time lurker - but finally looking to put in an order for a 4s Cross Turismo!

I had a couple of questions on the build (and would love any feedback on anything that might be missing or over-spec’ed)

- Thermally insulated glass: is it worth it... it seems relatively divided on the forum
- Jet black vs high gloss rims: they look almost identical on the configurator...
- INnodrive: worth it? I’ve heard you can get it via FOD... does spec’ing it from the factory provide any benefit (there was a thread about this I think)
- Carbon steering wheel... worth it?

Not sure if I’ve over-spec’d it tbh...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMVNKGD5

Porsche Taycan 4S CT Build Questions 1616249088422
Sponsored

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I did the insulated glass. I also spec’d the burmeister so it seemed silly not to make sure I didn’t have the least road noise with a premium sound system. I didn’t do any of the rest. I never use cruise Control or anything else so I thought it would be a waste.

here is my spec
My build

laniru1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 P90D Tesla
Country flag
I don't know if the 150kW charger is going to be useful. I read that there isn't very many in North America. You might double check that option.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
- Thermally insulated glass: is it worth it... it seems relatively divided on the forum
- Jet black vs high gloss rims: they look almost identical on the configurator...
- INnodrive: worth it? I’ve heard you can get it via FOD... does spec’ing it from the factory provide any benefit (there was a thread about this I think)
- Carbon steering wheel... worth it?
  • glass yes - it takes an already quiet car and makes it next level quiet
  • consmetics - go to dealer lot and find two cars with different wheels and check it out for your self - if I recall correctly "jet black" has a bit of metallic - where as gloss black is going to be "pure" black (like piano black plastic found in interiors)
  • if you don't get it - get at least lane keeping & adaptive cruise control - innodrive itself is _NOT_ worth it - but active lane keeping and adaptive cruise control are great features on any car - however by the time you spec them separately you've haven't saved that much over inna-drive so you end up getting innodrive just cause it's easier
  • Carbon Steering wheel - cosmetic - but the gT steering wheel w/rotary-dial in the lower right quadrant is quite nice
  • 400V 150 kW charging option is cheap insurance to make sure your Taycan will always charge as fast as possible in any given situation - will you ever actually use it? who knows? But trust me you'll miss it when you could've used it (it will take 3x longer to fast charge _IF_ you encounter a 400V/150 kW charger).

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you build is good - but given that it's a porsche highly recommend the "performance package" - all of those options improve the vehicles driving dynamics vs. some of the purely cosmetic (but non-functional) options…

if this is going to be a road car (longer drives) - 14 way seats are a consideration because of the option to add "Massage" to them - massage feature has been a surprise favorite between wife and friends - to the point that recently some friends that purchased Audi Etron SUV optioned the massage seats after experiencing them in my Taycan - and they were 100% thinking it was a "stupid/excessive" feature prior to actually trying them…

but you're build is good.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Like Dave says, get the 150-kW charger; it's really cheap compared to so many other options you have, anyway, and it gives you flexibility plus makes the care more attractive to future buyers. LKA isn't worth it, in my opinion, and neither is Innodrive; but get the ACC, as it will come in handy for long road trips and again makes the car more valuable on trade-in or sale. I'd get LCA (blind-spot monitor in mirrors) for sure, as it's saved me numerous potential accidents. The rest in your list above I would nix. From your build, the power-closing charge ports are also a waste, from what I've seen from those who have gotten it. I question also whether PDLS+ is really worth paying for, above standard PDLS.
Sponsored