4S energy consumption - what are you averaging

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
So, I am a couple of days and 250 miles into ownership and so far averaged 36kw/100miles. this Is on a mix of town, country and dual carriageway roads, with 4 people and all the gadgets and a/c on.
How does this compare with others who have their 4S.

Regarding charging, I have tried approx 8 public chargers and only success in two cases so far, one a 50kw DC and one a 22kw AC. I think some of the issue maybe to do with using an app rather than having an RFID card to activate the charger ( at least I hope so) I have ordered one and will see. Otherwise it could be that the chargers are not software compatible to talk to the Taycan and need updating ( all the failed ones were old looking chargepoint/evolution chargers).

Happy Taycaneering!
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
So, I am a couple of days and 250 miles into ownership and so far averaged 36kw/100miles. this Is on a mix of town, country and dual carriageway roads, with 4 people and all the gadgets and a/c on.
How does this compare with others who have their 4S.

Regarding charging, I have tried approx 8 public chargers and only success in two cases so far, one a 50kw DC and one a 22kw AC. I think some of the issue maybe to do with using an app rather than having an RFID card to activate the charger ( at least I hope so) I have ordered one and will see. Otherwise it could be that the chargers are not software compatible to talk to the Taycan and need updating ( all the failed ones were old looking chargepoint/evolution chargers).

Happy Taycaneering!
Porsche Taycan 4S energy consumption - what  are you averaging Screenshot_20200705-114654

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, I am a couple of days and 250 miles into ownership and so far averaged 36kw/100miles.
I'm curious if you will notice range improvement after the brake bed in period.

From the Good to Know app: "In order to bed in the wheel brake, the recuperation system is deactivated briefly on new vehicles or after changing the brake pads and this reduces the range."

Dawse said
"Interestingly the dealer told me yesterday that for the first 2-300 miles the regen isn't working, as the car beds in the brakes first / so at the moment whenever I brake its straight to wheel braking rather than any regeneration."

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I'm curious if you will notice range improvement after the brake bed in period.

From the Good to Know app: "In order to bed in the wheel brake, the recuperation system is deactivated briefly on new vehicles or after changing the brake pads and this reduces the range."

Dawse said
"Interestingly the dealer told me yesterday that for the first 2-300 miles the regen isn't working, as the car beds in the brakes first / so at the moment whenever I brake its straight to wheel braking rather than any regeneration."
Regen works after just a few miles, you can feel (slightly different from actual brakes) and see the effect on the kw/100 miles. It certainly doesn’t remain off for 200-300 miles..

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
33.8 kwh/100mi for 1128 miles
Sponsored