First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi,

I am set on most of the optional extras, but where I am struggling are on whether the following are worth it, or who has picked them:

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport
Rear-Axle Steering inc Power Steer plus
Surface Coated Brakes
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus.

Stuck on if these are really worth the money on a 4S.
Sponsored

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Among this list, I have the Real-Axle Steering on my build. I'm expecting to make use of the rear steering for parking and driving around the city.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got all of them except for the brakes. I figure that anything that improves the driving experience is worth it for me, and I don't plan on stopping that often ;)

It really depends on what else you would do with the money you spend to figure out the relative worth.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Surface Coated Brakes
Yes
Yes
No (I kept 19" wheels)
Yes

It was an easy decision for me because in the US we have a "Performance Package" which includes them & more.
Porsche Taycan 4S options - what have you picked? 1583699174494

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hi,

I am set on most of the optional extras, but where I am struggling are on whether the following are worth it, or who has picked them:

Surface Coated Brakes

Stuck on if these are really worth the money on a 4S.
Honestly i think it would be worth you looking at a Turbo as there wont be much difference in price once you consider residual value

the only one of your 4 options above I haven’t got on my turbo is PDCC

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At this point any "residual value" is purely guessing and conjecture. Plus the Turbo (for me at least) would have been over 30k more. Not sure I'd pay that if the value of the car in 3-5 years would theoretically net me a couple hundred/thousand more.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Yes
Yes
No (I kept 19" wheels)
Yes

It was an easy decision for me because in the US we have a "Performance Package" which includes them & more.
1583699174494.png
That’s a great price

in the UK those options would cost £7,212 on a 4s which using current exchange rates would be about $9,500!!!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At this point any "residual value" is purely guessing and conjecture. Plus the Turbo (for me at least) would have been over 30k more. Not sure I'd pay that if the value of the car in 3-5 years would theoretically net me a couple hundred/thousand more.
In the UK you get a GFV (guaranteed future value) from Porsche, this is the price they will pay for the car at the end of the term
ie 3yrs 5k miles

4s inc performance battery plus £88,747 (GFV 59k)
Standard turbo £116,625 (77k)

so although there is almost 28k as the turbo is worth 18k more after 3 yrs it only cost an extra 10k (if you were to part exchange)

the turbo comes with 14k of options (plus 4.6k perf Butt+ inc above ) that are chargeable on the 4s (met paint, 20” wheels, sports seats, full leather, PSCB, LED matrix headlights, heat seats front and rear, Bose stereo, PTV+, race Tex headlining) also its faster if that’s what you want

only the larger battery increases the GFV on the car so if you were to add some of the options that are inc on the Turbo on a 4s then the 10k real cost would reduce

OP
OP
GDHazy

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Issue is, you wont get a turbo this year now, and I'm on a sept order for s 4s through my limited company. Like someone else said, if I pick all the same extras the turbo is 30k more. Unless I could get a turbo for September I will stick with a 4s. It looks like it's a yes to all other than brakes

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the UK you get a GFV (guaranteed future value) from Porsche, this is the price they will pay for the car at the end of the term
ie 3yrs 5k miles
Ah, you are referring to leasing? I didn't consider that.

PDCC and Rear Axle steering are both optional on a Turbo.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, you are referring to leasing? I didn't consider that.

PDCC and Rear Axle steering are both optional on a Turbo.
It’s not leasing its a purchase where you repay the the difference between the cost price and GFV and at the end of the term you can choose to pay a balloon (the GFV), hand the keys back or part exchange for a new car (if the car is worth more then GFV this give you equity)

as a 911 holds its value well you end up with equity on a panamera you generally don’t

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Issue is, you wont get a turbo this year now, and I'm on a sept order for s 4s through my limited company. Like someone else said, if I pick all the same extras the turbo is 30k more. Unless I could get a turbo for September I will stick with a 4s. It looks like it's a yes to all other than brakes
I know a dealer with Turbo slots for Aug/Sep delivery (a mate was looking)
send me a message and i will pass you on their contact details

the turbo wont be 30k more as its only 28k list and you get loads of options included that i bet you have added to your 4s

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s not leasing its a purchase where you repay the the difference between the cost price and GFV and at the end of the term you can choose to pay a balloon (the GFV), hand the keys back or part exchange for a new car (if the car is worth more then GFV this give you equity)
What you are describing sounds just like a lease in the US. :) When I turned in my F-150 last month I could have 1) purchased it for what was left of the original price, 2) gave them the keys and walked away, or 3) they would have worked with me to put me in a new vehicle. Since I'm waiting on the Taycan I went with option 2.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What you are describing sounds just like a lease in the US. :) When I turned in my F-150 last month I could have 1) purchased it for what was left of the original price, 2) gave them the keys and walked away, or 3) they would have worked with me to put me in a new vehicle. Since I'm waiting on the Taycan I went with option 2.
In the UK leasing is different

the option i described is called PCP in the Uk and is the post popular may to purchase a car over here.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the turbo wont be 30k more as its only 28k list and you get loads of options included that i bet you have added to your 4s
My 4S comes out to ~$138k. If I recall correctly, the Turbo with the same options was between $175k-$180k. Granted that was with bigger tires and brakes 'standard', too. These are things I didn't feel I absolutely needed, and thus felt the 4S was best for me. I know many would disagree.
Sponsored